This is a must win game. A loss would be catastrophic.

I fail to see how the very first game a coach coaches at a new school can be a catastrophic loss when it's against a decent team like BYU.

It would suck. But, it would do nothing to define how the rest of the season would go or Riley's tenure here.

Considering that there's some who still want bo here, and some that aren't exactly sold on Riley, plus you have a good chunk of the national media scratching their heads on the hire... Breaking the 2nd to last streak we have going as a time, to a mid-major, while ushering in a new era would be a horrible start.

#FireTimMiles. #FireBo #FireRiley #FireEichorst #FirePerlman

Did I get em' all? Fire all of em'. Won't matter if they have jobs, the sky will be falling and the world will be ending anyway, so it won't matter.

AMEN!

This is a must win game. A loss would be catastrophic.

I fail to see how the very first game a coach coaches at a new school can be a catastrophic loss when it's against a decent team like BYU.

It would suck. But, it would do nothing to define how the rest of the season would go or Riley's tenure here.

Considering that there's some who still want bo here, and some that aren't exactly sold on Riley, plus you have a good chunk of the national media scratching their heads on the hire... Breaking the 2nd to last streak we have going as a time, to a mid-major, while ushering in a new era would be a horrible start.

I said it would suck. But, "catastrophic" means it would have long lasting extreme negative affects on the program. I fail to see that. What you described was something the fans hold dear. So, if they lose, obviously the players and coaches could have done a better job. BUT, if it really turnout catastrophic, that means the fans made it that way. The fans are the ones that just couldn't get over losing one game at the very beginning of a coaches era.

That to me is pretty pathetic as a fan base if it becomes true.

Taysom Hill is the equalizer for this game. BYU was a ranked team with him the last two years, and lucky to be .500 without him. If he is healthy, we will have our hands full.

And as always, we are in no position to be looking past anyone. BYU should get the full brunt of the Husker attack regardless.

I will legit not be surprised if we go .500 next year, including an opening-day loss to BYU. Everything is up in the air. We have no idea what Riley is going to be able to do with this team.

BYU is going to come into this game with a huge chip on their shoulders, playing for their suspended teammates, all fired up to beat Nebraska in Lincoln & break that winning streak. They'll be running the same system they've always run, with players recruited to run that system, and they'll have their big-game quarterback.

Meanwhile, we're breaking in a new system, we got nothing to prove against a mid-level team like BYU, and we're going to be trying to figure out how to replace a super-stud RB.

If we win it'll be a testament to our better athletes, or Riley & Co. being damned good coaches, or BYU just having a bad game or bad breaks in the game.

• Fire 1

Taysom Hill is the equalizer for this game. BYU was a ranked team with him the last two years, and lucky to be .500 without him. If he is healthy, we will have our hands full.

And as always, we are in no position to be looking past anyone. BYU should get the full brunt of the Husker attack regardless.

He is fun to watch when he runs full steam. Power and elusiveness.

I will legit not be surprised if we go .500 next year, including an opening-day loss to BYU. Everything is up in the air. We have no idea what Riley is going to be able to do with this team.

BYU is going to come into this game with a huge chip on their shoulders, playing for their suspended teammates, all fired up to beat Nebraska in Lincoln & break that winning streak. They'll be running the same system they've always run, with players recruited to run that system, and they'll have their big-game quarterback.

Meanwhile, we're breaking in a new system, we got nothing to prove against a mid-level team like BYU, and we're going to be trying to figure out how to replace a super-stud RB.

If we win it'll be a testament to our better athletes, or Riley & Co. being damned good coaches, or BYU just having a bad game or bad breaks in the game.

....damn knapp, now Im worried.