Nebraska doesn't have any worry about playing BYU now. It's a sure win because BYU's star RB and one of a few players with talent has been withdrawn from school. The stable at RB at BYU is empty because the RB recruit that may have been a legitimate threat at BYU got into trouble with a prostitute in Texas.

So they key to beating BYU became simple. All Big Red will need to is contain Taysom Hill's ability to run. BYU won't have much of a passing game or a running game neither aside from the QB. Put a speedy spy on Hill and the BYU will be stopped ice cold.

BYU will be an easy win for quality teams like Nebraska, Utah State, and UCLA this season.

Sorry to disagree with you Aggie, but times have changed. There are no easy games, and no sure wins. McNeese St, Minnesota, NW, Iowa have all proved that. Got to be focused, disciplined, and go all out for 60 minutes.

For the Huskers, new coaches, new offense, new defense, and new players sprinkled throughout. The Huskers have to avoid the turnover bug and keep their penalties down. If they trot out for a FG, they have to get those points. The rest of the special teaams (Foltz, coverage unit, punt and kick returns) all need to play well too. Field position could play a huge factor in this one.

BYU will be fine without Williams. Jamal was a good RB when he was healthy and not injured. It's unfortunate he's out. He was a very good player. Someone else will fill in, just like the few guys who did that last season.

They still have a dangerous kick returner...

They have a very good JUCO punt returner...

They have a highly accurate place kicker...

Their center was a freshmen all-american and is on the Rimington Trophy watch list...

They are a physical football team...

They have four returning recievers from last year that combined for 137 catches, 1850+ yards, and 18 TDS.

One of them, 6'6" WR Mitch Mathews, is on the Biletnikoff Award watch list.

Don't kid yourself, BYU will be more than capable passing the ball, even if their running game is slowed down. Hill was hitting 67% of his passes last season before he broke his leg. He's been working even harder on his passing game since then. They will move the ball and they will score points (roughly 36ppg last season, about the same as the Huskers).

What hurts them is their defense, especially against the pass. They have a pretty good front seven, but their secondary is an issue. This is where Armstrong needs to do well and take advantage of that.

I don't expect the Huskers to shut down BYU's offense just by showing up. If we hold them under 27, we should be able to ouscore them and win this one. Should be an exciting game to watch for a season opener. Kind of like a season opening bowl game. I see the Huskers winning a close one, as does Vegas when it comes to gambling on both sides.

- Note - 27 sounds high, but we gave up 26 a game last year.

By the way, welcome to the board Aggie. From our history with the Big 12, it didn't even dawn on me that you were probably giving advice from being a Utah State guy, instead of a member of the 12th man (Texas A&M). Stick around, and I hope you guys have a nice year.

Nebraska doesn't have any worry about playing BYU now. It's a sure win because BYU's star RB and one of a few players with talent has been withdrawn from school. The stable at RB at BYU is empty because the RB recruit that may have been a legitimate threat at BYU got into trouble with a prostitute in Texas.

So they key to beating BYU became simple. All Big Red will need to is contain Taysom Hill's ability to run. BYU won't have much of a passing game or a running game neither aside from the QB. Put a speedy spy on Hill and the BYU will be stopped ice cold.

BYU will be an easy win for quality teams like Nebraska, Utah State, and UCLA this season.

Sorry to disagree with you Aggie, but times have changed. There are no easy games, and no sure wins. McNeese St, Minnesota, NW, Iowa have all proved that. Got to be focused, disciplined, and go all out for 60 minutes.

Stop living in the past, that was the old coaching staff, we have competent coaches on staff now. You forgot, South Dakota St. and Wyoming among others........

Stop living in the past, that was the old coaching staff, we have competent coaches on staff now. You forgot, South Dakota St. and Wyoming among others........

I think you might be the one living in the past. With scholarship limitations the "bad" teams are getting better and better, and BYU is not a bad team.

• Fire 2

I think you might be the one living in the past. With scholarship limitations the "bad" teams are getting better and better, and BYU is not a bad team.

Scholarship limits have been around for nearly 20 years, that is the past. Lets stop using that as an excuse for bad coaching, shall we. Never said BYU is a bad team, but I think NU wins by 10 or more. If 408 fielded a team this year, anyone would most likely chalk it up as a loss. From now on, this is a game that we should expect to put in the win column.

• Fire 1

Don't think BYU is a good team. The only thing the Kewgers have done in years is beat a super bad Texas team that was in the middle of a bunch of suspensions and coaching changes. Then BYU went on to get creamed by bad G5 teams like Nevada and Central Florida.

I can throw you a bone here too. Your new coach has a better opportunity to beat BYU more than the coach from last year. Hear me out. Riley has faced BYU twice in the last few years at Oregon State. Riley knows the lowly Kewgers like the back of his hand. It will be easy for him to game plan and prepare for the Kewgers.

This one is in the bag. If Nevada can beat BYU, Big Red can easily beat BYU, especially when the Kewgers have all the suspensions and stuff.

Put a speedy spy on Taysom Hill and Nebraska will win by several scores.

Thanks for the hospitality on this board.

Don't think BYU is a good team. The only thing the Kewgers have done in years is beat a super bad Texas team that was in the middle of a bunch of suspensions and coaching changes. Then BYU went on to get creamed by bad G5 teams like Nevada and Central Florida.

I can throw you a bone here too. Your new coach has a better opportunity to beat BYU more than the coach from last year. Hear me out. Riley has faced BYU twice in the last few years at Oregon State. Riley knows the lowly Kewgers like the back of his hand. It will be easy for him to game plan and prepare for the Kewgers.

This one is in the bag. If Nevada can beat BYU, Big Red can easily beat BYU, especially when the Kewgers have all the suspensions and stuff.

Put a speedy spy on Taysom Hill and Nebraska will win by several scores.

Thanks for the hospitality on this board.

You know, maybe we actually have a staff that will be willing to do this, instead of trying to preach to us about how nobody really spies or it isn't good defense or our understanding is too simplistic.

WELL, JUST FOUND OUT MY SISTER IN LAW TO BE WANTS TO SCHEDULE HER f'ing WEDDING FOR SEPTEMBER 5TH! WE ALL THOUGHT IT WAS GOING TO BE IN 2016 BUT NOOOOOOOO! VENUE APPARENTLY IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING WHEN SCHEDULING A WEDDING! SO NOW I WILL LIKELY BE MISSING THE FIRST GAME OF MIKE RILEYS TENURE BECAUSE WHY NOT! IF THERE IS A JUST GOD HE WILL MAKE THIS A NIGHT GAME SO I CAN AT LEAST CATCH SOME OF IT AT THE RECEPTION!

Had to vent, now I think I will go cry.

I missed my brothers wedding because he scheduled it in November on a Colorado game day.

His wife was pissed. I didn't care. That game has been scheduled far enough in advance that you shouldn't have to make a choice. Tell your brother you'll make it to his next one.

• Fire 3

WELL, JUST FOUND OUT MY SISTER IN LAW TO BE WANTS TO SCHEDULE HER f'ing WEDDING FOR SEPTEMBER 5TH! WE ALL THOUGHT IT WAS GOING TO BE IN 2016 BUT NOOOOOOOO! VENUE APPARENTLY IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING WHEN SCHEDULING A WEDDING! SO NOW I WILL LIKELY BE MISSING THE FIRST GAME OF MIKE RILEYS TENURE BECAUSE WHY NOT! IF THERE IS A JUST GOD HE WILL MAKE THIS A NIGHT GAME SO I CAN AT LEAST CATCH SOME OF IT AT THE RECEPTION!

Had to vent, now I think I will go cry.

I missed my brothers wedding because he scheduled it in November on a Colorado game day.

His wife was pissed. I didn't care. That game has been scheduled far enough in advance that you shouldn't have to make a choice. Tell your brother you'll make it to his next one.

How selfish of those people who think they can schedule a wedding on game day!! That drives me nuts!! I've already told my family and friends that if they have a wedding on game day, don't bother sending me an invitation. You have all spring and summer to have a wedding! Gosh, have some common decency people! I feel for you 1995 Redux, and you made the right decision Tomhusker64.

• Fire 1