Mr. Caveman,

I can tell you all about the Kewgers. They're a funny people. The thing BYU or Kewger fans hate and despise the most are state schools. As a private religious school, they think they're better than everyone else especially lowly state schools like Utah State or Utah.

A couple of years ago, their quarterback Max Hall just went off during a live press conference about how the state schools and everything about them are classless and pond scum and below BYU. It's why Kewger fans get so mad and angry about the state schools passing them by by beating them at football like they have been lately.

The BYU sports department has the difficult attitude also and that's why conferences don't want to invite BYU. They are just like Texas where they are super high maintenance and come in with all these demands like their own network and treat all the other schools in their conference bad. Just ask schools that's been in a conference with them like Wyoming or San Diego State.

Since the Big 12 or PAC-12 didn't want the Kewgers and the MWC was happy to send them on their way, BYU threw a little fit and took their ball home and went independent.

Yikes. That's scary. Remember when Iowa had that happen a few years ago? And Korey Stringer with the Vikings before that?

Yesterday was a hot and humid day (monsoon storm all afternoon) in Provo. But what caused a bulk of it was the conditioning. Bronco stopped practice each time a fight broke out and made the entire team do conditioning drills. At one point they were doing up downs for almost 20 minutes. And another time after some sprints a few players pulled up before the goal line so he made the team do them all over again.

No surprise, all 4 players were offensive linemen, 2 of which were true freshmen, another kid fresh off a mission and the 4th a kid who has missed time due to injuries.

All four players recovered quickly, only two needed IV fluids. The scariest incident was an OLB who fractured his neck yesterday. He was carted off. X-rays and an MRI revealed a fracture and slipped disc. He had emergency surgery and had two rods inserted into his neck last night. When doctors opened him up they said the bone was against his spinal cord. He's very fortunate. I'm hoping he makes full and speedy recovery.

Yikes. That's scary. Remember when Iowa had that happen a few years ago? And Korey Stringer with the Vikings before that?

Yesterday was a hot and humid day (monsoon storm all afternoon) in Provo. But what caused a bulk of it was the conditioning. Bronco stopped practice each time a fight broke out and made the entire team do conditioning drills. At one point they were doing up downs for almost 20 minutes. And another time after some sprints a few players pulled up before the goal line so he made the team do them all over again.

No surprise, all 4 players were offensive linemen, 2 of which were true freshmen, another kid fresh off a mission and the 4th a kid who has missed time due to injuries.

All four players recovered quickly, only two needed IV fluids. The scariest incident was an OLB who fractured his neck yesterday. He was carted off. X-rays and an MRI revealed a fracture and slipped disc. He had emergency surgery and had two rods inserted into his neck last night. When doctors opened him up they said the bone was against his spinal cord. He's very fortunate. I'm hoping he makes full and speedy recovery.

Everyone over here hopes that as well. Too bad for the kid.

• Fire 1

Hey guys, BYU fan here. A few things:

First, what a great opportunity it is to play a program like Nebraska.

Second, I need to apologize for AggieAndee. For the past two years, this Utah State fan has been going on our opponents' message boards to trash BYU. I don't know what it is, but he's obsessed. Since 1975, Utah State has beaten BYU five times. Yes, five times in the last 40 years. It makes sense that type of domination would cause obsession. It's odd that I even find the need to apologize for him, like he's my annoying little brother who tags along with me everywhere I go--not as kids, but as adults.

A few things about the game: Suspensions. We should be without our starting center, safety, MLB, and a receiver.

Our starting center is Tejan Koroma. He was a freshman AA last year and is my favorite guy on the team. That being said, we have NOBODY behind him. This suspension will hurt. A LOT.

Our Safety, Kai Nacua, will be out. We have little depth behind him. This will also hurt. Our other safety is a JC transfer and is unproven. Our secondary will be suspect, which worries me as this is how Mike Riley beat us last time we played him. He's a great coach, and I know Bronco has always mentioned him as a coach he admires. Our corners are untested, but have potential. They may come into their own, but it will take a few games.

By now you have heard that we are without our starting RB, Jamaal Williams. His knee wasn't fully back, and he had some issues to work through, so he withdrew from school to get his head straight. My coworker personally spoke with his mom and she said he will be back next year. We have a few capable RBs. Algie Brown will be the primary back with Adam Hine and Nate Carter getting carries.

The suspensions at ILB and receiver don't worry me as much. We are pretty deep at those spots, even with the Jorgensen injury yesterday.

I expect your O to go deep early and often. Our secondary will be inexperienced, and without their leader Nacua on the field it could be very bad for the Cougs.

Our offense is going to be good. Our D is patchy. Bronco will blitz like crazy to try to get a rush on the pass game to help out the secondary. This could be a high scoring game.

Good luck. Nebraska is one of the good guys in college football. I am hoping that we pull this one off, but the suspensions really worry me. If I had to bet the mortgage, I would take Nebraska.

• Fire 7

8It all worked out guys, they pushed the wedding back until 2016. So now I will probably miss a different inportant game.

Like I said the previous time we discussed this, it'll be the Oregon game.

My wife really wants to go to that one so she should be able to talk some sense into her. It is her duty as MOH after all.

Nebraska doesn't have any worry about playing BYU now. It's a sure win because BYU's star RB and one of a few players with talent has been withdrawn from school. The stable at RB at BYU is empty because the RB recruit that may have been a legitimate threat at BYU got into trouble with a prostitute in Texas.

So they key to beating BYU became simple. All Big Red will need to is contain Taysom Hill's ability to run. BYU won't have much of a passing game or a running game neither aside from the QB. Put a speedy spy on Hill and the BYU will be stopped ice cold.BYU will be an easy win for quality teams like Nebraska, Utah State, and UCLA this season.

Sorry to disagree with you Aggie, but times have changed. There are no easy games, and no sure wins. McNeese St, Minnesota, NW, Iowa have all proved that. Got to be focused, disciplined, and go all out for 60 minutes.

For the Huskers, new coaches, new offense, new defense, and new players sprinkled throughout. The Huskers have to avoid the turnover bug and keep their penalties down. If they trot out for a FG, they have to get those points. The rest of the special teaams (Foltz, coverage unit, punt and kick returns) all need to play well too. Field position could play a huge factor in this one.

BYU will be fine without Williams. Jamal was a good RB when he was healthy and not injured. It's unfortunate he's out. He was a very good player. Someone else will fill in, just like the few guys who did that last season.

They still have a dangerous kick returner...

They have a very good JUCO punt returner...

They have a highly accurate place kicker...

Their center was a freshmen all-american and is on the Rimington Trophy watch list...

They are a physical football team...

They have four returning recievers from last year that combined for 137 catches, 1850+ yards, and 18 TDS.

One of them, 6'6" WR Mitch Mathews, is on the Biletnikoff Award watch list.

Don't kid yourself, BYU will be more than capable passing the ball, even if their running game is slowed down. Hill was hitting 67% of his passes last season before he broke his leg. He's been working even harder on his passing game since then. They will move the ball and they will score points (roughly 36ppg last season, about the same as the Huskers).

What hurts them is their defense, especially against the pass. They have a pretty good front seven, but their secondary is an issue. This is where Armstrong needs to do well and take advantage of that.

I don't expect the Huskers to shut down BYU's offense just by showing up. If we hold them under 27, we should be able to ouscore them and win this one. Should be an exciting game to watch for a season opener. Kind of like a season opening bowl game. I see the Huskers winning a close one, as does Vegas when it comes to gambling on both sides.

- Note - 27 sounds high, but we gave up 26 a game last year.

I'm sorry no one should be using a kicker in there argument. That's just wrong.