It is going to be so weird adjusting to a team that doesn't have to waste the first two drives warming up.

How much better do you think we should expect them to be? 8 games last year we scored on our first drive. Of the 5 we didn't, several games we scored on our second drive.

No team does it every single game.

Which 8 games were those and which 5 were the others.

Look at the....boy I hate to say this, MSU game from last year. First team we faced that was a legit threat. It took 3 quarters of football for us to finally settle in.

My point was I get the feeling we should see a stronger team from start to finish, hopefully one that plays all 4 quarters like the game is on the line.

I remember saying to my wife before kickoff "We need to come out and punch them in the mouth on play 1. Kill their spirit right of the bat." Then BAM T Magic to KB for a huge gain. We looked like a completely different team in that video than what we got the rest of that season. And yeah, what a hit from nasty #94. Kudos to Teeth indeed.

I think our offense is going to surprise some people this year. Defense will be fine too. Just not sure how quickly it all comes together. This game is going to be interesting. If I was a betting man, I wouldn't touch it or I wouldn't put much on the line. First games of the season are tough to bet when it's not just a cupcake team, and I don't think BYU is a cupcake.

BYU was a easy cupcake for Utah State, Boise State, Nevada, and many teams last season. The Kewgers will be a cupcake for Nebraska to if you follow the simple formula to shut BYU down by not allowing Taysom Hill to get yards on the ground.

Its also a important game for Nebraska on national TV and the new coach's first ever game. There's no way the Red's coach staff won't be ready. BYU every fall doesn't even use all the practice sessions they are allowed to have because every year they think they're so good and will go undefeated that they don't need to bother practicing. This is really true. No joke at all.

BYU is a one person team with a questionable defense. Make Sure the one person doesn't get yards on ground and the game will be a cupcake.

I got interested so I took a look at some bad and good games with the offense's performance on the first two drives of the game (only looked at games against P5 schools)

2010 Washington - Offense's first possession was a 24 yard run by Burkhead, then a 24 yard TD pass to McNeill. Defense got another stop, second possession was 3 plays and another score.

2010 K State - Offense's first possession was 8 plays for a score. Only other possession of the quarter K State punted.

2010 Okie State - Offense's first possesion was 8 plays for a score. Second possession we lost a fumble.

2010 Missouri - Offense scored on first three possesions - a TD, a FG, and and a TD

2010 Oklahoma - Punted on first possession, scored on second

Obviously there were some bad games in here, but the 2010 team was good at striking fast.

2011 Washington - 3 plays to score on first drive, punt in second

2011 Wisconsin - Punted on first drive, recovered the fumble, and scored on "second" drive, then again on the third

2011 Ohio State - Scored a field goal on our first drive, then didn't score over the next 3 drives

2011 MSU - scored on first drive, punted on second

2011 Michigan - didn't score on either of our first two drives

2011 Northwestern - didn't score on either of our first two drives

2011 South Carolina - Scored on both our first two drives, didn't score again the rest of the game

2011 is interesting - 2 of our 3 worst games were games where we actually started the game very well offensively, then hit a roadblock

2012 UCLA - didn't score on first, scored on second

2012 Wisconsin - didn't score on either of first two drives

2012 Ohio State - didn't score on either of first two drives, but went on to score on next three

2012 Michigan - neither team scored in the first quarter

2012 Northwestern - field goal on first possession, punt on second

2012 Georgia - safety on first drive, touchdown on second, then pick-six on Georgia's third possession

2012 was interesting too. Seems there is a trend of the big games where we start out relatively hot, not being able to sustain it, whereas the games where we didn't start out quickly we played much better in

2013 UCLA - Didn't score on first, scored on next two

2013 Minnesota - Scored touchdown on first, field goal on second

2013 Northwetsern - Touchdown on first, punt on second

2013 Michigan State - didn't score on first three drives, first two ending in turnovers

2013 Georgia - Punted on all three opening drives

• Fire 2

I think our offense is going to surprise some people this year. Defense will be fine too. Just not sure how quickly it all comes together. This game is going to be interesting. If I was a betting man, I wouldn't touch it or I wouldn't put much on the line. First games of the season are tough to bet when it's not just a cupcake team, and I don't think BYU is a cupcake.

BYU was a easy cupcake for Utah State, Boise State, Nevada, and many teams last season. The Kewgers will be a cupcake for Nebraska to if you follow the simple formula to shut BYU down by not allowing Taysom Hill to get yards on the ground.

Its also a important game for Nebraska on national TV and the new coach's first ever game. There's no way the Red's coach staff won't be ready. BYU every fall doesn't even use all the practice sessions they are allowed to have because every year they think they're so good and will go undefeated that they don't need to bother practicing. This is really true. No joke at all.

BYU is a one person team with a questionable defense. Make Sure the one person doesn't get yards on ground and the game will be a cupcake.

Yes, stopping Taysom Hill appears to be the obvious challenge. This could be the first real opportunity to see the NEW and IMPROVED Josh Banderas. That's gonna be fun to watch.

How'd we do in the second half opening drives. That'd be an interesting stat.

I know this game particularly was not one of our best. Bo must've had the handcuffs extra tight on Tim Beck that second half.

We didn't score after halftime. If I remember correctly, we didn't have any turnovers to start out the second half, so I'm guessing it was just several punts in a row.

Last season was pretty consistently successful early on in games, but still interesting too. Possibly our fastest start of the season was when we were up 17-3 against Wisconsin.

It is going to be so weird adjusting to a team that doesn't have to waste the first two drives warming up.

How much better do you think we should expect them to be? 8 games last year we scored on our first drive. Of the 5 we didn't, several games we scored on our second drive.

Look at the....boy I hate to say this, MSU game from last year. First team we faced that was a legit threat. It took 3 quarters of football for us to finally settle in.

My point was I get the feeling we should see a stronger team from start to finish, hopefully one that plays all 4 quarters like the game is on the line.

Scored on first drive.

Florida Atlantic

Fresno State

Miami

Illinois

Rutgers

Purdue

Wisconsin

Minnesota

Did not score on first drive.

McNeese State (scored TDs on next two drives)

MSU (Cluster f***)

NW (missed field goal on next drive)

Iowa (missed field goal on next drive)

USC (scored field goal on next drive and TD on third drive)

There are good and bad teams in both groups. Maveric had a much better break down than I did.

The offense starting strong wasn't that big of a problem last year. You pick out the MSU game. Well...that was a cluster f*** on many levels from the start.

In every single other game we played we either scored on the second drive or was in position to score if it weren't for a missed field goal. In McNeese State and USC, we scored on the next two drives.

Our offense didn't have a problem "getting warmed up" at the beginning of games last year.

• Fire 1

I know this game particularly was not one of our best. Bo must've had the handcuffs extra tight on Tim Beck that second half.

We didn't score after halftime. If I remember correctly, we didn't have any turnovers to start out the second half, so I'm guessing it was just several punts in a row.

Last season was pretty consistently successful early on in games, but still interesting too. Possibly our fastest start of the season was when we were up 17-3 against Wisconsin.

Yea, I was at that UCLA game, it was horrible. My daughters first game too.

That Wisconsin game is another good example as to why our second half starts migh be an interesting look. Simply because you hear a lot about our inability to adjust as a coaching staff. Clearly Wisconsin adjusted something. I wonder if there's definitive evidence that puts that "no adjustment" argument to rest. Or maybe it doesn't.

Scored on first drive.

Florida Atlantic

Fresno State

Miami

Illinois

Rutgers

Purdue

Wisconsin

Minnesota

Did not score on first drive.

McNeese State (scored TDs on next two drives)

MSU (Cluster f***)

NW (missed field goal on next drive)

Iowa (missed field goal on next drive)

USC (scored field goal on next drive and TD on third drive)

There are good and bad teams in both groups. Maveric had a much better break down than I did.

The offense starting strong wasn't that big of a problem last year. You pick out the MSU game. Well...that was a cluster f*** on many levels from the start.

In every single other game we played we either scored on the second drive or was in position to score if it weren't for a missed field goal. In McNeese State and USC, we scored on the next two drives.

Our offense didn't have a problem "getting warmed up" at the beginning of games last year.

The interesting thing about this is we scored early against Minny and Wiscy, yet ended up crapping the lead away. Miami was a different animal, stadium was on another level an I feel that factored in.

Mcneese: How the frick did we not score....oh yeah.....Louisiana speed.

MSU: 3 Quarters of piss poor football

NW: Found it's calling, giving us way more fight than they should.

Iowa: Mandatory late season lazy showing

USC: Hard to use as a statistic

I guess if we started hot we ended flat, and vice versa. The real downer is we have always had the talent to play 4 full quarters yet fail to do so most of the time.

We need to come out strong and impose our will against BYU.

Yea, I was at that UCLA game, it was horrible. My daughters first game too.

That Wisconsin game is another good example as to why our second half starts migh be an interesting look. Simply because you hear a lot about our inability to adjust as a coaching staff. Clearly Wisconsin adjusted something. I wonder if there's definitive evidence that puts that "no adjustment" argument to rest. Or maybe it doesn't.

Our possessions UCLA 2013:

3rd Quarter

Punt

Punt (3 and out)

Punt (3 and out)

Failed fake punt

4th Quarter

Fumble

Punt (3 and out)

Ran out of time

• Fire 1