Some of our scrimmage reports don't seem too good for us, either. And with a starter suspended from our defense, we won't be playing at full strength.

The world expects BYU to suspend several players, and their CB is almost a sure lock to be suspended, but I'm skeptical about how many suspensions they'll have, and the duration. I've seen videos posted by BYU fans purporting to show Memphis players "starting it" and "being the aggressor" and the more I see that, combined with Bronco's lack of transparency on these specific suspensions, make me very suspicious that they won't suspend nearly as many players as Memphis suspended, and I also suspect that many of them will only be suspended for a half.

Last week Mendenhall announced their starting OLB, Sione Takitaki, will be suspended for an off-season incident unrelated to the brawl. Clearly he's not above announcing suspensions, so why not announce the brawl suspensions? Why announce Takitaki's suspension if doing so puts you at a disadvantage?

It's fishy. I don't like it.

A couple of things you need to know about Bronco and the BYU program. The only time they ever announce a suspension is when they absolutely have to. The Takitaki suspension was announced because he was charged with a civil crime which is made public so there was no reason to withhold word of the suspension. Normally at BYU suspensions will be announced at or shortly before game time and the reason for the suspension isn't made known unless it is addressed by the player suspended. BYU, being a church owned university treats these things like many churches do, as a confidentiality. The players are free to reveal the reason but BYU won't. About the most you'll ever hear from the school is that a player was suspended for breaking team rules or for and Honor Code violation. Not having Bronco announce any suspensions for the BYU/NU game isn't any ploy on his part it's just the nature of the beast.

how_convenient.gif#how%20convenient%20gi

Its been disgraceful how BYU has handled itself after the football team started the brawl because the Kewger players were mad because they just got beat by a Sun Belt team. Memphis announced many suspensions immediately and BYU didn't do a thing. There was even the video of a BYU player punching a Memphis player in the back of the head while defenseless while his Tigers coach held him back. Disgraceful doesn't even describe it.

Im getting to the point where I don't even want my school to play against BYU anymore. They always try to demand that 2 games get played in their crappy dump of a stadium in Provo. It smells funny down there. And only one game at our home. I'm sick of it and fed up.

Don't ever agree to play a game in Provo. Let BYU's home schedule be Wagner and Savannah State and stuff. Its the worst home schedule in all of college football by far.

Have we ever had an opposing fan we're not even playing troll a different opposing fanbase? And, did anyone know Utah St even had fans?

• Fire 1

Some of our scrimmage reports don't seem too good for us, either. And with a starter suspended from our defense, we won't be playing at full strength.

The world expects BYU to suspend several players, and their CB is almost a sure lock to be suspended, but I'm skeptical about how many suspensions they'll have, and the duration. I've seen videos posted by BYU fans purporting to show Memphis players "starting it" and "being the aggressor" and the more I see that, combined with Bronco's lack of transparency on these specific suspensions, make me very suspicious that they won't suspend nearly as many players as Memphis suspended, and I also suspect that many of them will only be suspended for a half.

Last week Mendenhall announced their starting OLB, Sione Takitaki, will be suspended for an off-season incident unrelated to the brawl. Clearly he's not above announcing suspensions, so why not announce the brawl suspensions? Why announce Takitaki's suspension if doing so puts you at a disadvantage?

A couple of things you need to know about Bronco and the BYU program. The only time they ever announce a suspension is when they absolutely have to. The Takitaki suspension was announced because he was charged with a civil crime which is made public so there was no reason to withhold word of the suspension. Normally at BYU suspensions will be announced at or shortly before game time and the reason for the suspension isn't made known unless it is addressed by the player suspended. BYU, being a church owned university treats these things like many churches do, as a confidentiality. The players are free to reveal the reason but BYU won't. About the most you'll ever hear from the school is that a player was suspended for breaking team rules or for and Honor Code violation. Not having Bronco announce any suspensions for the BYU/NU game isn't any ploy on his part it's just the nature of the beast.

Its been disgraceful how BYU has handled itself after the football team started the brawl because the Kewger players were mad because they just got beat by a Sun Belt team. Memphis announced many suspensions immediately and BYU didn't do a thing. There was even the video of a BYU player punching a Memphis player in the back of the head while defenseless while his Tigers coach held him back. Disgraceful doesn't even describe it.

Im getting to the point where I don't even want my school to play against BYU anymore. They always try to demand that 2 games get played in their crappy dump of a stadium in Provo. It smells funny down there. And only one game at our home. I'm sick of it and fed up.

Don't ever agree to play a game in Provo. Let BYU's home schedule be Wagner and Savannah State and stuff. Its the worst home schedule in all of college football by far.

Have we ever had an opposing fan we're not even playing troll a different opposing fanbase? And, did anyone know Utah St even had fans?

South Carolina fans came to troll Clemson fans a few years back, IIRC

And vice versa.

Oh, Anthony, I mean Andee. You crack me up. Running to every message board for a team BYU plays, and then pretending to be a USU Aggie fan, when you are in fact a fan of the University of Utah, our main rival historically. How is that site of yours, byusucks.net going? You seem to not have updated it for a year. I guess because you are too busy trolling the NU board, amongst others. And your religious bigotry is such an attractive quality, when people just want to talk sports.

PS, how is your golf game and that collection of neat fedoras you have coming along?

NU fans, look forward to the game and playing against a storied program in Lincoln. I have several clients who are huge Big Red fans and travel to every home game, and they are a great representation of your fan base. Sorry to hear about the injuries as well. No one likes to hear about college kids going down hurt. Hope Pierson-El recovers quickly.

• Fire 3

And vice versa.

good_point_doctor_who.gif

Fine, the offense was amazing more times than not in the first couple drives.

Anyways, so BYU lost a TE, whats up with that?

Season ending knee injury. I'm not too sure how he was going to be used this year because he didn't play much if at all last year. With the offense BYU has been running in the past few years the TE hasn't had the same emphasis as in the past. We'll usually have a big blocking TE and then a larger than average receiver that fills in as a receiving TE. Our past two standout TE's were Harline and Pitta and neither one was a typical TE even though Pitta has found a home with the Ravens. This loss of Richards might be big or it might not be noticeable at all, only time will tell.

• Fire 1

Aggie Andee...Your proctologist called...they found your head.

• Fire 1

I know it is peculiar for rivals of opposing teams to have arguments on another team's board, but honestly, I can't say I disagree with the notion that certain BYU players acted disgracefully in the brawl against Memphis. Generally the "private" suspensions are reserved for behavior/actions that occurred (or didn't occur) in private. Not for on field behavior. That is, at best, unusual.

I know it is peculiar for rivals of opposing teams to have arguments on another team's board, but honestly, I can't say I disagree with the notion that certain BYU players acted disgracefully in the brawl against Memphis. Generally the "private" suspensions are reserved for behavior/actions that occurred (or didn't occur) in private. Not for on field behavior. That is, at best, unusual.

Well I'm an old fart so my memory leaves me at times. Remind me of the last on field issue a player had where Bronco immediately announced the suspension to the public. For the life of me I can't recall it.