Houston College Classic - #14 Texas A&M, Hawai'i, #7 LSU

I'm no baseball expert but I don't understand bunting a guy from second to third with the second out of an inning.

He was probably trying to reach via a bunt for a base hit. It's not a sacrifice, but if the guy is a good bunter with speed, then it's worth it sometimes to bunt with 1-out.

I understand that but it's pretty high-risk, low-reward in my book.

It's trading two chances to get a hit for the chance at scoring with a sacrifice fly or a hit (best case) or one chance to get a hit (worst case).

I'm sure there's analytics that say I'm wrong but it just seems odd to me.

Analytics hate the bunt in baseball (at least MLB), but in college there are lot more fielding errors, so it is sometimes worth it for weaker hitting guys.

I guess Reveles is only hitting .216. Figured our #2 guy would be swinging the bat a little better.

#2 guys are typically guys who can handle the bat well, get sacrifices down, and be a good hit-and-run guy. Erstad likes to play small ball, so I'm not shocked with Reveles' hitting that low.

Agree but usually the guys who can handle the bat well are guys who hit for a decent average but not a lot of power.

I guess when you only have four guys batting over .250 your options are limited.

The whole team except for Boldt has been slumping this season.

Schleppenbach and Headley are both hitting .350+ but it drops waaaaay off after that.