DE Noah Fant [Iowa - Signed LOI]

I actually think we will get him and the coaches are pretty confident in that. I think he is enjoying the recruiting process and taking some trips to see programs he otherwise would never get to see. I would do the same thing.

There is always that fear though that something will get him excited about a place like UCLA and he jumps at it.

Our recruiters need to stay on this one and I'm sure they will.

I believe HCMR is recruiting the in state kids, correct? They better keep in constant contact with him!

It isn't really about what medical school you go to... It's more about what residency program you go to.. Even then a prestigious medical school may help you if you finish in the top like 20 percentile or if you get honors or high passes in your clerkships but ultimately the bigger factor is going to be the standardized test score since that equalizes everything. Nebraska likes the Nebraska kids. They take a lot from UNL but they also take a fair number of Nebraska kids who go out of state for college. One door that might open is if he goes to an out of state school like cal he might now be marketable not only to Nebraska but also to Cal.

• Fire 1

I am a UC student and technically UC Berkeley does not have a medical school. They have an agreement with UC San Francisco that essentially allows Berkeley graduates to attend UCSF medical school but it is not just limited to just Berkeley students. The closest medical after SF is UC Davis and Stanford. Any UC campus would be a great place to get your pre med courses taken care of. UC medical schools (SF,LA,Davis,Irvine,SD,Merced(soon)) accept any UC student with the needed marks and test scores no matter if they did premed at their campus or another UC. I go to UC Santa Cruz. Our claim to fame is the scene in "Pulp Fiction" where Travolta is wearing our heather grey "Banana Slug" t-shirt.

Noah needs to realize how he's only gonna have Matt Snyder to really compete with at NU and often Riley plays 2 TE's. He also needs to realize he could as easily play DE and we could really use a pash rusher there as well with Alex Davis as our only true one.

You wanna see the field early? You wanna be a hometown hero? You want your family to go to your games? The decision is easy. Go to Nebraska.

Noah needs to realize how he's only gonna have Matt Snyder to really compete with at NU and often Riley plays 2 TE's. He also needs to realize he could as easily play DE and we could really use a pash rusher there as well with Alex Davis as our only true one.

You wanna see the field early? You wanna be a hometown hero? You want your family to go to your games? The decision is easy. Go to Nebraska.

He also has Stoll to compete against.

I look forward to the time we can offer a local kid and its sh*t or get off the pot - and maybe it already is. I understand Fant is talented and has options, but a local kid here in nebraska should pounce on an offer or take a hike and not drag it out, the coaches have a lot of other recruits to target.

I have no ill will towards him, recently some nebraska kids with offers haven't grown up dying to be a husker because we haven't been elite enough like the local scholarship offers in the 90s and early 2000s, same with the walk on kids too.