DE Noah Fant [Iowa - Signed LOI]

seems weird that nebraska missed on two instate kids with offers, i cant remember the last time that happened maybe the year BC got fired

I don't know that we missed. I think what we are asking our tight ends to be able to do did not fit Bubak. Heck, he was a projected TE. Great athlete, but no idea how he translates to D1 competition in a position he's never played. As far as Fant is concerned, I don't think the previous staff did any favors in his recruitment that could be carried over to the new staff. Not saying they poisoned the well with him and his family, just that he envisioned his recruitment going a different way which opened up other teams to him for recruitment.

Nate Clouse said today that Fant wouldn't be a Nebraska commit even if Fant wanted to join the class, the door has been closed.

Clouse said basically the opposite today. So I don't think it was probably said in the manner you're saying here.

maybe i heard it wrong, but that's how it come across when I heard 1620 USC talking about Clouse's article or update yesterday.

I thought this about him and Bubak. Both complained that the new staff didn't call them immediately when hired and so they started looking around.

Really??? it was over a year till the time you will be signing on the dotted line. It's a new staff in town and they don't know you from Adam and you're upset that you weren't contacted immediately?

Especially when he had less than two months to re-recruit last years class, hire a coaching staff, and whatever else comes with taking a new coaching job. Riley and staff did a heck of a job keeping last year's class in tact for the most part, so I'm not willing to pin this one on them. If you're upset that you didn't get any attention during this phase, then maybe you should go somewhere else.

The staff was more worried about talking to recruits that were actually committed at that time I'm sure.

Nate Clouse said today that Fant wouldn't be a Nebraska commit even if Fant wanted to join the class, the door has been closed.

Clouse said basically the opposite today. So I don't think it was probably said in the manner you're saying here.

maybe i heard it wrong, but that's how it come across when I heard 1620 USC talking about Clouse's article or update yesterday.

The comment today wasn't "They'd love to have him" so there is definitely something off. But it was a long ways from "door closed".

The comment today wasn't "They'd love to have him" so there is definitely something off. But it was a long ways from "door closed".

Clouse did use "door closed" yesterday

LINK

OK....Fant just comes off as difficult to me in this article.

a) The previous staff caused a lot of the problems. But, even though the new staff got off on the wrong foot, the door is still open.

b) He commits to a rival school and then takes an unofficial visit here and doesn't feel the love?????

c) He is upset if a school doesn't 100% give him the love but then even though he is committed to Iowa, he is going to take an official visit and acts like it's their problem if they don't like it.

Just find his attitude all over the place about his recruitment.

LINK

OK....Fant just comes off as difficult to me in this article.

a) The previous staff caused a lot of the problems. But, even though the new staff got off on the wrong foot, the door is still open.

b) He commits to a rival school and then takes an unofficial visit here and doesn't feel the love?????

c) He is upset if a school doesn't 100% give him the love but then even though he is committed to Iowa, he is going to take an official visit and acts like it's their problem if they don't like it.

Just find his attitude all over the place about his recruitment.

Don't forget, “If they put that effort in, I’d hear them out and see what they had to say,”

Maybe...just maybe...instead of thinking we know everything and how everyone should act/feel all the time...we should just let things play out?

Here is the problem: For most of us...being 17-18 was a time of pimples, stone washed jeans, a Generra HyperColor sweatshirt and some boat shoes or new Jordan's...our weekends consisted of trying to find a friends house to party at or hanging out in a parking lot of a fast food place and complaining that we couldn't find a friends house to party at.

Most of us at 17-18 were not being recruited by big time schools and so we don't really know what it is like...what they are going through...

BigRedBuster, I think you mentioned that your kids are being recruited...and that you have gone on all the campus/college visits with them, why? Because you wanted to help them out and make sure that they saw/heard everything possible for them to make the best choice for them...right? That is smart. If you went to one of the visits and the dean that was talking to your kid didn't seem all that "into it" or didn't see to "care" about your kid, you would probably think "hmmmmm...I thought this was going to be the one but maybe I am not so sure now"

Maybe Fant is just doing the same exact thing. Just trying to find the "fit"

• Fire 1