DE Noah Fant [Iowa - Signed LOI]

Ya, I've come to the point of not caring. Is he a good player? Yes. Would I like to have him and Nebraska? Yes. But you can't say right now he is some huge difference maker. If he comes here, I will welcome and hope he works hard enough to be at least a consistent contributor. If he goes some where else then good luck to him. I won't lose sleep over this one.

Interesting Nebraska media spat this morning over the article McKweon had written about Fant. (In case you don't understand twitter, the bottom tweet was first. The above is Schaefer's reply).

Mike Schaefer Retweeted Eric Olson

Always fun to see media members who don't cover or follow recruiting take a swipe at someone.

Eric Olson @ericolson64

After reading @swmckewonOWH story, you'd think Fant is a 5 star as opposed to a 3 star. #whatswrongwithrecruiting
2 retweets13 likes
Retweet
More

Guess he decided it's time to get serious about this recruiting business.

I'm wondering if Iowa got in his ear about taking visits this late in the cycle.
They have been. But as of Monday he didn't care.

I still wish we could have gotten him. But really, it seems like he is more interested in him than a team mentality. Maybe I'm wrong and he will really dedicate himself to them once he signs.

• Fire 1

Guess he decided it's time to get serious about this recruiting business.

I'm wondering if Iowa got in his ear about taking visits this late in the cycle.
They have been. But as of Monday he didn't care.

I still wish we could have gotten him. But really, it seems like he is more interested in him than a team mentality. Maybe I'm wrong and he will really dedicate himself to them once he signs.

No, that ego is there, and it is readily apparent. As to whether he flourishes, who knows? But I'm glad we avoid the headaches.

• Fire 1