DE Noah Fant [Iowa - Signed LOI]

I actually wouldn't mind seeing Noah at TE. He could kill it there.

I think he'd be great there as well but we need difference makers at DE.

He can play TE if it gets him N. I'd deal with the DE bridge as it goes. Besides what good is it if he prefersTE.

He can play TE if it gets him N. I'd deal with the DE bridge as it goes. Besides what good is it if he prefersTE.

I agree. He can start out wherever he wants if that gets him here. He claims not to have a preference but I think he's leaning towards TE.

I was just saying I'd love to have a player with his athleticism at DE. We're short on those at the moment.

• Fire 1

I agree. He can start out wherever he wants if that gets him here. He claims not to have a preference but I think he's leaning towards TE.

I was just saying I'd love to have a player with his athleticism at DE. We're short on those at the moment.

No doubt

OK, his offer list according to 247 is:

Iowa

ISU

Nebraska

Vanderbilt

Buffalo

California

Liberty

SDSU

UCLA

Wyoming

The bolded ones are the ones I would be most concerned about. in particular, I'm actually mostly concerned about UCLA in that he could get out there and be wowed by the bright lights of LA...etc.

If he comes back from the trip out west still seriously looking at us, then I will feel pretty good about our chances.

Hopefully he can start a little momentum recruiting on the D line.

I wouldn't be worried about Iowa. If he really is interested in medical programs, I'd be worried about the cal teams

Iowa has a pretty good medical program but I think what eliminates them is their lack of success and their coach on a pretty hot seat right now.

Same could be said for Cal as well. Sonny Dykes is one bad season away from getting the axe or that seat being super hot.

I actually think we will get him and the coaches are pretty confident in that. I think he is enjoying the recruiting process and taking some trips to see programs he otherwise would never get to see. I would do the same thing.

There is always that fear though that something will get him excited about a place like UCLA and he jumps at it.

Our recruiters need to stay on this one and I'm sure they will.