DE Noah Fant [Iowa - Signed LOI]

So he's going on a Omaha radio show hosted by a former Husker to announce his decision? Not sure he'd do that if he wasn't going to be N.

Benning is a former Husker (obviously) but these guys know him more as a fellow Omaha Public Schools football coach. Benning will be supportive of whatever he chooses - as he should be - so I'm not sure if it means a lot or not. It worries me a little bit that he's made so many other visits since he's been here but perhaps he was just covering his bases.

Being on that show is about as much publicity as a guy could look for in this state so if he wants to do a "bigger" announcement, that would probably be the place.

So he's going on a Omaha radio show hosted by a former Husker to announce his decision? Not sure he'd do that if he wasn't going to be N.

Benning is a former Husker (obviously) but these guys know him more as a fellow Omaha Public Schools football coach. Benning will be supportive of whatever he chooses - as he should be - so I'm not sure if it means a lot or not. It worries me a little bit that he's made so many other visits since he's been here but perhaps he was just covering his bases.

Being on that show is about as much publicity as a guy could look for in this state so if he wants to do a "bigger" announcement, that would probably be the place.

I tend to agree with Red Five.

If he were not going to go to Nebraska then he probably would be announcing a different way. He knows that Husker fans listen to Sharp and Benning. That's the main topic of discussion and they have other recruits that have committed to Nebraska on their program from time to time.

If he were committing to UCLA (as an example) he probably would just hold an announcement at his school or do something that would project the announcement to UCLA fans in southern California.

I haven't listened to DB on the radio for more than a year, so all I have to go off of is Daishon Neal's radio decision on air. Who else in the past has announced on DB radio show and have they all picked Neb? I agree with Red5, it'd be semi awkward to announce on Neb radio you are going to UCLA... Almost like throwing a haymaker to the entire state. Doubt he'd do that... Right?

I've been hearing from a few different places that Iowa could be the favorite here.....makes me want to throw up. Would not understand that decision at all

Announcing the Hawkeyes as his team would add insult to injury especially on 1620 the zone. I say he goes elsewhere, but hopefully not Iowa. Hard to believe because Ferentz is on the hot seat.

I just don't see it within Fant's character to go onto a Husker radio station to inform us that he choose someone else. If that is his plan then I would take it a step further and conclude he is a high character guy who wanted to speak to the people of Nebraska and let us no why he felt it was in his best interests to go to another school for his academic pursuits. If he did that I'd respect the hell out of him.

For me, believe Fa :bigredn: t is :bigredn: !!

If you guys want to read a thread and shake your head, go to HOL and read the thread about Noah Fant announcing his intent on 1620 next week. Some of the posts are absolutely crazy. They are actually mad at him for making the announcement on the radio, and they can't believe why someone would consider Cal or UCLA.

Regarding the announcement, Benning and Sharp asked him a few weeks ago if he would want to announce his decision on the radio. Benning asked him again on Monday via text, and he said he's made his decision and he will be ready to announce it next week. That's all it is. If he is going to go some place other than NU, good for that kid. There are great schools all across the country. He can get a good education, enjoy campus life, and have a good football career at any of them.

• Fire 1