DE Noah Fant [Iowa - Signed LOI]

We still confident we land him? He's about to blow up. Way up.

I'd say we are still the front runners, but I agree he will get some offers. I see this one playing out a lot like Neal. It comes down to two things for me:

1) Does he prefer one position over another? If he prefers TE, will we have room after Friday? I expect Stoll to commit, I guess that comes down to is Bubak actually committed and/or are we ok with taking 3 TE's? We should have room at DE, which is where I think we are wanting him so far.

2) Distance, IIRC he has talked about distance playing a factor. Will it matter come Feb?

I'd say we are still the front runners, but I agree he will get some offers. I see this one playing out a lot like Neal. It comes down to two things for me:

1) Does he prefer one position over another? If he prefers TE, will we have room after Friday? I expect Stoll to commit, I guess that comes down to is Bubak actually committed and/or are we ok with taking 3 TE's? We should have room at DE, which is where I think we are wanting him so far.

2) Distance, IIRC he has talked about distance playing a factor. Will it matter come Feb?

Was reported that he was working out at TE this weekend so take it fwiw. Think his spot depends on where happens with our commitments. Not out of the question we take 3 TEs. Still think he'll be N.

Was reported that he was working out at TE this weekend so take it fwiw. Think his spot depends on where happens with our commitments. Not out of the question we take 3 TEs. Still think he'll be N.
His score sheet said DL for position, did/can he work out both or just signed up as DL but ran with the TEs?

His score sheet said DL for position, did/can he work out both or just signed up as DL but ran with the TEs?

Not sure if it was both but workout at TE and apparently looked really good doing it.

Agree that Fant is the better athlete. That's why I'd rather have him at DE.

It's tougher to tell with Bubak because he had to play QB last year and will play QB again this year. That speaks to versatility, athleticism and football IQ. Doesn't mean he's necessarily better than Fant in those areas but that's a pretty good combination to have. I think he plays LB too, IIRC.