Spring Quarterback Competition

Bush is gonna make a run at it dag gummit

This would be great. If he's the best talent we have at quarterback, then he will set himself apart. However, I don't believe for a minute the talk about Riley adjusting to his personnel. It will be who fits Riley's system.....which is a pro style drop back quarterback. I don't think our running game will be as strong under Riley. (But I'm sure Riley "appreciates" the input from Dr Tom anyway......)
Well If we run a single zone read or a QB draw you Will be wrong

Nice deflection. But it's what I'm referring to with Callahan v.2.

Callahan didn't adapt or adjust. He did things his way. Riley appears to be nothing like that.

Honestly the whole left handed QB deal scares me. Whoever the guy is needs to prove it on the field. Practice? Great. In an actual game? Totally different and is the only real scenario. That's the real test. Someone needs to step up because TA's tendencies to me aren't something that a new coach will change. If it's Stanton great. If it's Bush great. To me Armstrong will only get you so far in the big picture but if he by some miracle can prove people wrong then that's great but I don't see it happening.

Nebraska as a program is going to sink or swim these next few years and having 'that' QB can make all the difference. With Pelini gone at least some of the other QB's on the roster will actually be seeing some real playing time or so it seems. I miss those days.

hi-res-5f444a9c5669f2e7dee3956f0b5e92d0_

• Fire 1

I'd like to see Bush on the field just because he's a lefty. Can't remember ever seeing a left-handed quarterback play at Nebraska.

What about Mike Stuntz??

I'd like to see Bush on the field just because he's a lefty. Can't remember ever seeing a left-handed quarterback play at Nebraska.

What about Mike Stuntz??

What about Mike Stuntz??

Dave Humm says hello

• Fire 1

And LOMS calls himself a Husker fan...Sheesh

I'm well aware of the play, but Stuntz was a receiver who happened to throw a pass; not a quarterback (so far as I know).

Mike Stuntz completed a notable Husker career in Nebraskas victory over Michigan in the 2005 Alamo Bowl. Stuntz played three different positions in the Nebraska program, seeing time at receiver and quarterback, before finishing his Nebraska career in the Husker secondary.

And LOMS calls himself a Husker fan...Sheesh

I'm well aware of the play, but Stuntz was a receiver who happened to throw a pass; not a quarterback (so far as I know).

He was the back up QB if memory serves me correctly that year. he played a little WR on side.