CB Darnay Holmes [UCLA - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

187 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

He's now talking about waiting until after all 5 official visits before deciding. Going to be a long wait.

I think his Dad may have talked him into waiting to commit until after he has used his visits. Which I'm glad he did that. Before, he was planning to commit on June 23rd and then still taking his visits. I think his Dad probably mentioned that it might get twisted a little bit if he commits and then visits all these schools. Totally love it if this is the decision they come to. I can wait for a talent of this magnitude! #GBR

PS. Washington fans think he is going to go there and that they will also get Lenoir.

I'd predict he takes his 5 OV's to Nebraska (vs Oregon), Washington, Ohio State, UCLA & Stanford.

He said he probably will name his top 5 this summer.

He's now talking about waiting until after all 5 official visits before deciding. Going to be a long wait.

I think his Dad may have talked him into waiting to commit until after he has used his visits. Which I'm glad he did that. Before, he was planning to commit on June 23rd and then still taking his visits. I think his Dad probably mentioned that it might get twisted a little bit if he commits and then visits all these schools. Totally love it if this is the decision they come to. I can wait for a talent of this magnitude! #GBR

PS. Washington fans think he is going to go there and that they will also get Lenoir.

I'd predict he takes his 5 OV's to Nebraska (vs Oregon), Washington, Ohio State, UCLA & Stanford.

He said he probably will name his top 5 this summer.

If he stays on the west coast I can't see him going anywhere but Stanford.

I think that's good news. Honestly I would've figured him a heavy Stanford lean, and it almost seems like recent events are having him consider other places, particularly Nebraska, a little more seriously.

This may be wishful thinking, but am I the only one who thinks Darnay became a silent commit during that face time with Riley? Seems to me, he was hurting real bad having to miss the spring game, and might have pulled the trigger. These tweets just seem too involved to not warrant more than a - "I'm going to visit," communication. I'm calling silent commit all the way.

https://twitter.com/darnayholmes/status/720988156670009344

At least he knows good food when he sees it

I think we are being strongly considered by many top notch players and it will be very surprising if we don't land excellent players in the many spots we are recruiting. I was very hopeful we would get a batch of commits at or right after the game but maybe that was wishful thinking. The vibes are right for a GREAT class in this recruiting year. We do know that when you recruit for the best (guys with a long list of possible choices/offers, etc), you must be patient and persistent and confident. Nebraska is now on the radar of many top players across the country, unlike recent years, for several reasons perhaps to include: a new, ambitious and motivated staff of coaches with energy and will power; great facilities and more recognized academic offerings; great fans and a residue of national fan appeal unlike many programs outside the recent top ten/elites; many positive reports and image developing with Riley as the HC with connections to and among many NFL insiders and contacts across the west coast as a new recruiting bed (unlike the somewhat stale or not so established recruiting ties in the Big Ten country and or Texas); the national perception that 'our cupboard is a bare' or we have plenty of opportunities for players to come in and make a big splash early.

• Fire 1

This may be wishful thinking, but am I the only one who thinks Darnay became a silent commit during that face time with Riley? Seems to me, he was hurting real bad having to miss the spring game, and might have pulled the trigger. These tweets just seem too involved to not warrant more than a - "I'm going to visit," communication. I'm calling silent commit all the way.

https://twitter.com/darnayholmes/status/720988156670009344

At least he knows good food when he sees it

I am 99.9% positive he didn't silent commit. It's nice to be wishful thinking, but Darnay is taking his time with his recruitment. He has stated multiple times he is going to take all 5 official visits. He is likely not announcing on his birthday (june 23) anymore and will be releasing a Top 5 around that time instead. No one silent commits to a school just to announce their official decision 8 months later. Also regarding the tweets, he literally tweets about Nebraska just about every day. He also tweets about Stanford and UCLA regularly. You can't look too much into that this early. It's clear we are one of his favorites, but to assume he silent committed is a bit far-fetched. Also if that did happen, I guarantee Keyshawn and Tristan would be *subtweeting* him about it.

• Fire 3

An interesting tid-bit that may make you guys go hmm....

He also Face-timed with Coach Petersen (washington) & was at the radio station with the WR Bynum who committed on the air to Washington.

I 1000% believe he isn't going to Washington, but it should cause for some caution for us as the fans.

(I still think he's all N come signing day.)

Nebraska or Stanford....I still think it's going to be so hard for him not to come here since he's good friends with Gebbia and Johnson Jr. He will string this thing out for a long time so I wouldn't worry about all the things he tweets etc. He's a top 10 player in the nation, he holds more cards than the other two. Anytime someone is that highly rated the later in the process they will usually commit.

I would bet a lot of money he didn't silent commit. I think he made it very clear to Riley that he is seriously considering Nebraska and is going to visit. I think he wanted to make sure Riley knew that his absence at the Spring game had nothing to do with any perceived lack of interest in the Huskers.

Agreed 100%. That's why he locked us in for an official visit (which I think everyone expected in the first place). And I understand him taking his time with his recruitment, he's a 5-star after all, but I could honestly tell you his Top 5 right now without him even mentioning it:

Stanford, Nebraska, UCLA, Washington, Ohio State (no specific order)

That's why I don't really get him releasing his Top 5 on his bday but I understand that's what he wants to do. I don't know, it's just going to be a long process down to the wire with Darnay. I don't see him waiting until signing day at all. But we definitely won't see him commit for awhile.

I would bet a lot of money he didn't silent commit. I think he made it very clear to Riley that he is seriously considering Nebraska and is going to visit. I think he wanted to make sure Riley knew that his absence at the Spring game had nothing to do with any perceived lack of interest in the Huskers.

How much is a lot of money? So I know what I'm up against if I decide to take you up on it.

How much is a lot of money? So I know what I'm up against if I decide to take you up on it.

I'm not betting someone on a message board.

figure of speech
phrase of figure
  1. 1.
    a word or phrase used in a nonliteral sense to add rhetorical force to a spoken or written passage.

I'm not betting someone on a message board.

figure of speech

phrase of figure

•  

a word or phrase used in a nonliteral sense to add rhetorical force to a spoken or written passage.

"I would be a lot of money" is a figure of speech now? Even still, obvious joke was obvious. Chill out.