CB Darnay Holmes [UCLA - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

187 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Other than having the trip paid for by the university, are there things the recruit can do or gets to do that they can't do on an unofficial visit? Or is there more that a school can do for the recruit?

That could make a difference on whether a player takes an official or not.

I know I have read somewhere that at Nebraska an OV is different than a UV.

The only thing I truly know is different between the two is that Nebraska gives them the giant cookie cake and then some other gift type stuff.

Other than having the trip paid for by the university, are there things the recruit can do or gets to do that they can't do on an unofficial visit? Or is there more that a school can do for the recruit?

That could make a difference on whether a player takes an official or not.

I know I have read somewhere that at Nebraska an OV is different than a UV.

The only thing I truly know is different between the two is that Nebraska gives them the giant cookie cake and then some other gift type stuff.

I was thinking something a little more important. Like players sitting in on meetings or attending certain team functions or something like that. Then I could see someone like Holmes, who lives nearby, still electing to take an OV.

If a recruit truely had a school in his top 2 or 3 i think he would feel obligated to make one of the visits to that school an "OV" - reason being the school gets a little media time when a recruit is taking a OV to xyz school.

One reason a person in his situation may not take an OV to a place he has been to so many times is because I believe the schools only have so many slots to offer for OVs. I don't know if anyone has ever reached a limit like that but I do believe there is something like that in place. He would almost be doing them a disservice if he used up one of their allowed OV slots. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that rule though.

If a recruit truely had a school in his top 2 or 3 i think he would feel obligated to make one of the visits to that school an "OV" - reason being the school gets a little media time when a recruit is taking a OV to xyz school.

One reason a person in his situation may not take an OV to a place he has been to so many times is because I believe the schools only have so many slots to offer for OVs. I don't know if anyone has ever reached a limit like that but I do believe there is something like that in place. He would almost be doing them a disservice if he used up one of their allowed OV slots. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that rule though.
A disservice? Lol. A five star with interest is never a bad thing

Guys, what it comes down to is this:

If he has 7 places he really wants to visit it makes sense to pay out of pocket to the 2 closest places and then OV the other 5.

This is actually a possibility. He could UV Stanford and UCLA and OV Miami, Nebraska, Ohio State, Tennesee and some other school he may be interested in that I don't know about now.

Regardless if this is what happens, I think most of us are pretty certain he is down to Nebraska, OSU, Stanford and UCLA.

Guys, what it comes down to is this:

If he has 7 places he really wants to visit it makes sense to pay out of pocket to the 2 closest places and then OV the other 5.

This is actually a possibility. He could UV Stanford and UCLA and OV Miami, Nebraska, Ohio State, Tennesee and some other school he may be interested in that I don't know about now.

Regardless if this is what happens, I think most of us are pretty certain he is down to Nebraska, OSU, Stanford and UCLA.

I think its NU or stanford

That's why I said almost. Of course they aren't going to tell him not to come so they can get someone else to. But he might think "hey, ive already been there a hundred times, maybe I'll let them use the OV on another 5 star guy from Florida since he can't pay to get there like I can." Sometimes, not everything is as it seems on the surface, you have to actually apply a little critical thinking.

That's why I said almost. Of course they aren't going to tell him not to come so they can get someone else to. But he might think "hey, ive already been there a hundred times, maybe I'll let them use the OV on another 5 star guy from Florida since he can't pay to get there like I can." Sometimes, not everything is as it seems on the surface, you have to actually apply a little critical thinking.

nominating this for dumbest HB comment of the year

• Fire 2

nominating this for dumbest HB comment of the year

Cool.