WR DeKaylin Metcalf [Mississippi Commit]

Mavric

Why this kid does not have more offers is bizarre. He has good speed, is physical in his blocks and I creating separation, and catches with his hands well. He is obviously not under-the-radar given his Top 5 WR ranking by 3 of the 4 recruiting services. Not sure if we have a shot, but you got to like what he does on the field.

This is what I enjoy most about this staff really. Are we going to get this guy? 99% certain we won't. But our new staffs view is that at NU we have EVERYTHING you need to be successful at the highest level in terms of both academics and athletics. So show these kids that and make sure they know about us. I don't remember our previous regime having the balls to at least make the attempt to go after this many high profile guys.

I mean ... the previous staff offered a player from Oxford who was already committed to Mississippi.

So if we want to take every opportunity to try to take every little thing as a sign that the new staff is so far superior, I guess that's your prerogative. But it's not much more than hyperbole.

• Fire 2

I mean ... the previous staff offered a player from Oxford who was already committed to Mississippi.

So if we want to take every opportunity to try to take every little thing as a sign that the new staff is so far superior, I guess that's your prerogative. But it's not much more than hyperbole.

Lets be honest, a player of this caliber, who is probably a solid commit to Old Miss, would not even have gotten a sniff from the old staff 99% of the time.

I'm not talking about just this kid. Look at all the elite talent 4 star etc you have been posting profiles for. I guess I get a different vibe from how this staff is going about it. I guess you create all the profiles all the time so you would have a better feel for it. Just seems like you have been making quite a few for high level talent that I don't remember from the last few years. Would like to hear your take on it

Lets be honest, a player of this caliber, who is probably a solid commit to Old Miss, would not even have gotten a sniff from the old staff 99% of the time.

No, that is not being honest.

• Fire 1

I'm not talking about just this kid. Look at all the elite talent 4 star etc you have been posting profiles for. I guess I get a different vibe from how this staff is going about it. I guess you create all the profiles all the time so you would have a better feel for it. Just seems like you have been making quite a few for high level talent that I don't remember from the last few years. Would like to hear your take on it

For 2015 (using 247 Composite), we offered about 40 of the Top 100 in the nation including most of the Top 10.

• Fire 1

For 2015 (using 247 Composite), we offered about 40 of the Top 100 in the nation including most of the Top 10.

Must just be my optimism messing with me then. Guess it feels good to get back into the swing of things. Haven't been this excited since spring 2010.