Randy Gregory draft status

Chiefs linebacker Justin Houston dropped from late 1st rounder to the 3rd round because he tested positive. Suggesting that RG is going to fall out of the top 5-10 isn't crazy talk. From his recent history and own admissions that this is his third failed test I'm not sure why anyone would potentially waste a top 10 pick on the guy.

It's worked out for the Chiefs and Justin Houston but whoever picks up RG might not be so lucky.

Apparently it was in addition to his work ethic according to this article. But then, that may not bode well for Gregory either.

http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/2011/04/30/1559498/nfl-draft-georgia-linebacker-justin.html

I just think it has more to do with teams trying to psych each other out on players. Because if Jamies Winston, Todd Gurley, and Dorial Green-Beckham are worthy of 1st round status, so is RG.

His past indicates major immaturity problems. A long history of bad decisions about his playing status. Has he grown up in the last 6 moths? Quite possible.

Personally after watching him the last year or so, I am not that impressed. He is quick, but undersized. He will run into quick players in the NFL that are not undersized or less athletic.

I know he was injured a lot while at Nebraska, but we never played a NFL schedule either. I personally would not use a first round selection on him, one because he does not deserve it from past performance, and to send him a message that he needs to grasp this opportunity and take full advantage of it. I would be very worried about his apparent taking plays off, lack of desire to see the field, questionable taking himself out of the game. Especially after just signing a major contract. I wonder how he will play midway through.

For him and his family, I hope he makes it, but of all that have left here with really high expectations, I see him the least likely to succeed. The drive, motivation is there for one reason and one reason only, money. He gets it, I doubt he will ever turn into the player he has the talent to be.

Hope I am wrong on that.

Illegal has a meaning. Not to be confused with what you or I think is okay. I have seen what MJ can do to people at the worst time possible, when you are counting on them.

One of my friends, at age 70 still lights up nearly every single day. His eyes are going, his hearing is gone, he has no drive to do anything. Never got into heavy drugs because of it, but it took his drive away to be the best he could be.

One of my friends, at age 70 still lights up nearly every single day. His eyes are going, his hearing is gone, he has no drive to do anything. Never got into heavy drugs because of it, but it took his drive away to be the best he could be.

Some very talented people know that everyone is expecting them to "be the best they can be" and they really hate that. At some level, they know they're going to disappoint everybody, so they start sabotaging themselves. The actual drug doesn't matter. They can do it without any drug, too.

Sometimes the decision to check out is a choice. The marijuana didn't take the drive away, it just made the doing nothing part more palatable, and the food taste better.

As mentioned, plenty of successful people smoked pot until they decided not too, and some manage to remain successful while still partaking.

I dealt with it during Viet Nam. I saw the worst part of it, and know it cost people their lives. He started when he was in combat, took his mind off of things are his comments. I never tried it, never smoked or drank, so I have a different opinion of things than most. See no need for any of it, a crutch, a way out.

And I do not agree that is becoming legal because of its betterment of society. It is being legalized for the tax dollars it will raise. Pay to play.

I dealt with it during Viet Nam. I saw the worst part of it, and know it cost people their lives. He started when he was in combat, took his mind off of things are his comments. I never tried it, never smoked or drank, so I have a different opinion of things than most. See no need for any of it, a crutch, a way out.

And I do not agree that is becoming legal because of its betterment of society. It is being legalized for the tax dollars it will raise. Pay to play.

just shows us if enough people violate the law, the law will be dropped.......especially all the Gen X, Y and Millenials who want to stay in mommy and daddy's basement and smoke it up!

Randy Gregory

Combine comparison: Barkevious Mingo, Jadeveon Clowney

Gregory might not project as a defensive end due to his lean frame, but 13.5 of his 17.5 sacks the last two seasons came when he lined up in a 3-point or a 4-point stance (with one or both hands on the ground), rather than standing up.

He had a burst off the line of scrimmage, averaging 2.77 seconds from snap to contact. Of the players ranked in the top 15 at each of the four front-seven positions, that ranked fifth among 23 players with at least four first-contact sacks (excluding coverage sacks).

Link