Gregory tests positive for pot at combine

Amac3309

From what I have heard, he hated school with a passion. I wouldn't be surprised if it was used as a coping avenue more than you think.

Well if this is the case, then he wasn't passing up a top 10 draft slot to come back to SCHOOL for another year. Which means his tweet or comment about Bo getting canned "Guess this means I'm gone too." (or something like that) was total balogna. He wasn't coming back with or without Bo.

Failed twice here at Nebraska.

mRfGRWI.gif

I'd smoke weed too if I was coached by Kaz

Maybe he should have given some to Kaz so he would have mellowed out

Or maybe he wouldn't have beaten his w.......... ah forget it.

That's kind of what I was alluding to....

Yeah, just wanted to delve into it a little deeper. Figured it would make at least one person chuckle. Still awaiting validation on that.

I have zero issues with weed, but if you know your future employer has a problem with it and you have a test coming up shortly you'd have to be a complete moron to still smoke.

I'm right there with you. I don't believe he smoked so much in December it triggered it. I have to think he did relatively close in time to the Combine, and that is just dumb.

Man this was the subject of some serious angst with some on this board back when I said I had a buddy who frequented parties that RG was at. And my buddy said he has a puff puff? no thanks I'll pass problem. I believe it was around the time he started missing time. My guess was that the two things were related and some poster went off on me. Now according to the timeline laid out by RG the two may not be related but man I wish I could find that thread.

I remember the thread because I think I got involved in it and agreed with you because I had some inside info. that that was the real reason he was missing playing time and the injury(ies) were cover up. I took a bunch of heat too was told if I couldn't state my sources it didn't happen.

It's pretty well known by anybody who's ever been at a party with him he likes to toke it up. I too have lots of friends in Lincoln who have either been at a party where he's done it or partaken in the act with him.

He ain't the only player on thin ice for burning the ganj. And you can bet he wasn't smoking alone for the last two years.

I really believe that all these players failing tests are because a) the college they went to babies them or were lenient, b) NFL teams don't really care THAT much if you're THAT good. c) personal belief, weed isn't heroin. Let it go but follow the rules. D) if Tyrann Mathieu can make it, he can.

He is also being mentored by Herm Edwards.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/03/26/randy-gregory-failed-drug-test-combine-nfl-draft

I'm surprised that weed is an issue in the NFL. I guess they have to have some moral ground to stand on still, right?

But not every player who smokes weed gets an entire article written about him. Seems like even for that this is a different case.

I suppose the following explains why it will affect his draft status with teams:

But Gregory also will enter the NFL already on rather thin ice. Because of the failed test, he'll start his career in Stage 1 of the league's substance-abuse program. Another violation would push him to Stage 2, which carries with it the penalty of a fine and a four-game suspension. The punishments for repeated violations from there include a six-game suspension and, upon moving to Stage 3, as Gordon has, a one-year ban.

That's pretty crazy. I don't know too much about weed, but isn't it not worse than alcohol? But teams have to be looking at him as a walking suspension risk right now.