Gregory tests positive for pot at combine

Amac3309

I don't hold marijuana in the negative light that many people do, I got no issues with it. That said, it is illegal and it is a banned substance in the NFL. Couldn't the kid lay off for a little bit until after payday? Obviously the answer is no.

Marijuana is not an addictive drug, it's a drug of choice. Gregory obviously isn't mature enough to make smart choices yet. It will be interesting to see how much this costs him.

It's legal in some places and the legalization movement is picking up steam. We now have 4 States with legal recreational and almost half with medicinal weed legal. It will be legal nationwide soon enough and then people won't be able to be denied jobs because of weed.

Your last statement is false. Even if it becomes legal in all states, a person could still get denied employment from it. It would be no different then failing a piss test for alcohol during pre-employment screening.

Yep, this is true. And, because of the longevity it stays in the system (20-45 days), compliance issues around it in the states that have it legalized are quite challenging. There's no way to answer (*yet) 'when' the person smoked it, so it has to be zero tolerance at this point. Especially in medical and construction careers, where safety is priority #1. Can't have someone stoned on the job.

Anyway, I digress......still what a bonehead decision by Gregory, especially given what appears to be such effort and desire he has put in and has for playing in the NFL.

• Fire 1

Failed twice here at Nebraska.

Twice? I could almost be convinced that Randy is some sort of offspring of Snoop Dogg and Willie Nelson.

The admin and Bo were very lenient with Randy in his time here. Very lenient.

But I'm another one of those that still laughs that in 2015 we are having a discussion about weed, and it's even news. This shouldn't cost him money, or at least I hope not. But, those are the rules, I guess.

• Fire 2

Failed twice here at Nebraska.

But I'm another one of those that still laughs that in 2015 we are having a discussion about weed, and it's even news. This shouldn't cost him money, or at least I hope not. But, those are the rules, I guess.

I would agree. The weed isn't necessarily the problem. It's Randy. It'd be the same if he had a booze problem.

It's his problem with it that's the problem.

• Fire 1

Freakish athlete who takes plays off and lacks motivation. This positive test helps prove that point.

That is quite the jump.

Not really. Everyone at the combine knows that they are going to be tested. Standard procedure. And he couldn't even manage to stay off the weed until after the combine. That's a clear lack of motivation. Couple that with the fact that when you watch him play, he doesn't always seem to be playing hard... Do you think AFTER he gets a multi-million dollar contract this is going to improve?

hope that j bird was worth it... weed is great but no weed is as great as all potential money you could stand to lose because of this... just burn later after you get drafted!!! or snort some lines it only stays in your system a few days....

hahahaha this is the first time I've ever heard someone say "don't smoke weed, but if you need to get effed up, pound some rails." hahahaha Oh god that's great.

hope that j bird was worth it... weed is great but no weed is as great as all potential money you could stand to lose because of this... just burn later after you get drafted!!! or snort some lines it only stays in your system a few days....

hahahaha this is the first time I've ever heard someone say "don't smoke weed, but if you need to get effed up, pound some rails." hahahaha Oh god that's great.

Sounds like advice from one of Len Bias' party buddies.