Signed - CB Lamar Jackson

Player: Lamar Jackson
Hometown: Elk Grove, California
School: Franklin
Position: Athlete, Cornerback, Safety
Height: 6-3
Weight: 207
40 time:
Offers: Arizona State, Boise State, California, Colorado, Michigan, Nebraska, San Jose State, UCLA, Utah, Washington State
Visits: 11/7/15 vs. Michigan State

O8n7o.png

Twitter

Rivals: #76 Overall; #1 S; :star:star:star:star
247: #127 Overall; #5 S; :star:star:star:star
Scout: #145 Overall; #7 S; :star:star:star:star
ESPN: #139 Overall; #7 ATH; :star:star:star:star

Hudl

hoping like crazy this is the "secret" commit

I'll be your secret commit.

You cheating whore.

Riley wasn't there but Stewart visited last night. Riley to visit next Thursday.

Stewart told him we want him to play boundary corner which is where he wants to play.

Arizona and Utah have also visited. UCLA and USC coming by this week. Helton has been recruiting him all along for USC.

Jackson may still visit Oregon despite being out of OVs.

This kid does it all. THIS is the type of prospect we need to land in order to get back to where we want to be. The combo of size and speed can't be coached.

Riley wasn't there but Stewart visited last night. Riley to visit next Thursday.

Stewart told him we want him to play boundary corner which is where he wants to play.

Arizona and Utah have also visited. UCLA and USC coming by this week. Helton has been recruiting him all along for USC.

Jackson may still visit Oregon despite being out of OVs.

Is this the jist of the update Callahan just posted on Rivals, or is that new info? If so, could someone summarize?

Yeah, he said USC and Nebraska are at the top of his list.

His receiver coach in high school played for Williams and Jackson's 7-on-7 coach is Williams' cousin. Good to have connections.

• Upvote 1

Been trying to temper my expectations here but after reading some of his comments, I'm starting to think we have a really legit shot at this guy. May actually be in the lead.

Been trying to temper my expectations here but after reading some of his comments, I'm starting to think we have a really legit shot at this guy. May actually be in the lead.

I'm being told he is coming here. I'd hate to jinx that, but that's what I was told

• Upvote 1

Me too but he really, really like the staff and his parents haven't met Riley yet.

Anybody have any idea how fast he is? He has the size of a safety, but can he turn around and run at CB with some of these NFL projected receivers at Ohio State/Michigan State, etc? We need a guy good enough to pair up with the best.

Anybody have any idea how fast he is? He has the size of a safety, but can he turn around and run at CB with some of these NFL projected receivers at Ohio State/Michigan State, etc? We need a guy good enough to pair up with the best.

He is faster then Stanley Jean-Baptiste and with the size of SJB. He runs a 4.46 40 time according to rivals and this guy is freakishly athletic with size and speed. A jump ball won't go to a tall receiver as easily with this guy at cb,

USC Coach Clay Helton fired their Secondary coach, who was the main recruiter on Lamar Jackson. They apparently had a really good relationship. Interesting to see how that affects his recruitment. Hopefully plays in our favor.

• Upvote 2

It would be great to get this guy .......... the unofficial to Oregon is a bit of a concern but Oregon has come back to earth a bit this year.

It would be great to get this guy .......... the unofficial to Oregon is a bit of a concern but Oregon has come back to earth a bit this year.

I long for the days when 9-3 is "coming back to earth".

• Upvote 1

I long for the days when 9-3 is "coming back to earth".

I think you're going to really see them struggle next year without Adams. I think that was another reason why Frost bailed when he did.

So happy about who Mike recruits. The jump in who we are in play for from before last year is noticeable better.

We have been in the running for these types of kids, we just never land them. We were up there for guys like Sua Cravens and Andrus Peat each year but we could never land any of them.

So happy about who Mike recruits. The jump in who we are in play for from before last year is noticeable better.

We have been in the running for these types of kids, we just never land them. We were up there for guys like Sua Cravens and Andrus Peat each year but we could never land any of them.
Cravens, Peat, Priest Willis, Owa...the list goes on and on.
  • Upvote 2

Cravens, Peat, Priest Willis, Owa...the list goes on and on.

I still get a little triggered every time I see Owa's name. That was the first season I really followed recruiting.

What makes you guys think we'll close on a couple of guys like that this year? Just curious.

I believe that is what myself and swmohusker were alluding too. It's nice to be in the running, but it doesn't matter if we don't close.
  • Upvote 1

What makes you guys think we'll close on a couple of guys like that this year? Just curious.

I believe that is what myself and swmohusker were alluding too. It's nice to be in the running, but it doesn't matter if we don't close.
I'm sure if we lose out we'll get another "diamond in the rough"

I'm sure if we lose out we'll get another "diamond in the rough"
I sure hope not.