Hittin' the links: Golf talk

titleist-vokey-spin-milled-sm5-wedge-gol

Bought a couple of wedges yesterday. Last year's spin milled Vokey--a 52.08 and a 56.14, both in brushed chrome finish. Similar to the one above, except different bounce. I'll probly pick up a 48 to match those two, when I find one.

I picked up the Vokey SM5 48.08 a few days ago. Have a matching set now.

Bought a couple of wedges yesterday. Last year's spin milled Vokey--a 52.08 and a 56.14, both in brushed chrome finish. Similar to the one above, except different bounce. I'll probly pick up a 48 to match those two, when I find one.

I assume the decimal is the bounce on the wedge. I am curious why you decided to go with a different bounce for your 56 degree wedge, compared to your 48 and 52?

I assume the decimal is the bounce on the wedge. I am curious why you decided to go with a different bounce for your 56 degree wedge, compared to your 48 and 52?

Sand! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I tweaked my back last week doing yard work. Thought it might be a while before I'd be playing any golf. But I felt pretty good Friday afternoon, so I thought I'd play a couple holes after work and see how things felt. First four holes I went birdie, birdie, bogey, and par. Then the wheels fell off and I went triple bogey, lost ball (didn't finish the hole), bogey. Oh well. That's golf. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Been working on my putting quite a bit lately. I've done ten or so 20 minute practice sessions over the past couple of weeks. My new favorite drill: Drop nine balls on an area of the practice green, lag them to the nine holes on the practice green, and then putt them out. Trying not to three putt. (It's hard to get all nine in without a three.) I do this three or four times from various parts of the green, which is roughly an oval of 110 x 70 feet. So some of the putts are pretty long.

Played in a Memorial Day scramble yesterday, and had a solo eagle on a short par four (325 yards). Drove the green. Sunk the 12 foot putt. :thumbs:

I've been bragging about it to everyone I know because it's not likely to ever happen again. :lol:

• Fire 1

Played in a Memorial Day scramble yesterday, and had a solo eagle on a short par four (325 yards). Drove the green. Sunk the 12 foot putt. :thumbs:

I've been bragging about it to everyone I know because it's not likely to ever happen again. :lol:

NUance on the tee box:

giphy.gif

NUance on the tee box:

giphy.gif

Ha ha! Yeah!

The fairway is level and flat, up to about fifty yards short of the green. Then it slopes down into the green. If you can reach the slope it feeds down toward the green. My drive was probably around 270 or so, which is very long for me. And the slope helped me another forty yards or so. I'm generally out there around 225 to 250 on a decent drive. :lol:

So I played that same hole again last night. This time from the white tees where I normally play, about 50 yds further back. The result? Pulled drive left into the trees. Lost ball. Back to the tee box to hit another. Ended up with a snowman. A two on Saturday, and an eight on Thursday. That's where my game is at right now. :facepalm:

So I played that same hole again last night. This time from the white tees where I normally play, about 50 yds further back. The result? Pulled drive left into the trees. Lost ball. Back to the tee box to hit another. Ended up with a snowman. A two on Saturday, and an eight on Thursday. That's where my game is at right now. :facepalm:

Hey! That makes you just a bogey golfer (those two holes combined).

Welcome back to the rest of us. ;)