OL Harlan Gunn

kramer

Scholarships offered: Miami (FL), Kansas, Kansas St., and Nebraska

Favorites: COmmitted to Miami Hurricanes

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals:

Bid Red Report:

Assessing the talent: Easily the best lineman in the state of Nebraska. Will soon be a hot commodity throughout the country. Will explore his options

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 10%

If he doesn't want to play at NU then he should not pretend that he does. I fail to understand the advantages of playing in Florida other than weather(duh). NU's offense is adaptable to the NFl style of play and the coaches are some of the finest around. It isn't like he wasn't offered.

it was bound to happen sooner or later......we get kids from other states, they leave to go elsewhere, we shouldn't be so surprised we lost a good one, let's move on now folks......

hunter

true dat.

and it sounds like he's *dreamed* of going to miami. and again, lotta time before signing day. and he's living in a state that lives, breathes and dreams scarlet and cream.

if we have a good year, i may change his mind.

will it? doubt it. but you can never tell.

I was thinking that same thing, Eric. This kid has been here the whole time, and i know the coaches have seen him... i just don't understand why they would have waited to offer a guy that is supposed to be as good as he is, i really hope there is some underlying issue.

I also had that feeling that maybe our coaches were too busy looking elsewhere thinking they could afford to relax in their own backyard and offer him a little later and miami pulled a quick one on us. As far as i am concerned though, there is a lot of time before signing day so im not gonna worry about it,

i hope he sneaks over to a couple husker games this year and gets his red blood pumping.

Ok i have a couple of things. Miami offered him on a monday, we don't evaluate o-lineman until tuesday. This is supposedly why they were behind a day. Another reason miami scored him was because we wanted him as a center, miami wants him as d-tackle. Guess what he would rather play? Yuup. My guess is he saw the beaches and had fun at their camp, got happy and heard he could play d-tackle and committed. Can't say i blame him, but i wouldn't be shocked if he ends up coming here. I hope!!

Anyways, remember what craig rourke did? He committed early to Florida state, and then realized what he made the wrong choice and went to home state Oklahoma. Hopfully Gunn follows suit. :)

Actually, Miami wants him as a center, not a DT.

Plus, I'm not even worried about this really. I feel he is a bit tweaked that he didn't get the offer earlier from Nebraska. He made a decision 11 months ahead of when he signs and as long as Nebraska keeps the pressure on him, I feel he'll be in Lincoln.

The parents will cave into the idea of their boy staying close to home as well as the pressure from the surrounding public to stay home. I would almost bet it has started a bit in just the past few hours from the locals.

hey you all bring up good points but i think that he had a great time at his visit because of

1. his parents were with him

2. its winter here in nebraska and its bloody warm down there compared to here

3. his parents were so happy with the weather it probably excited him more than any other reason i could think of...

seriously.. put yourself in this kid's shoes... he's with his parents in miami.. its got to be like a vacation.

thats without mentioning miami has put a lot of players in the NFL and the probowl. the kid made a decision that was good for him, bad for us. but as somebody already said, its 11 months to signing day... remember josh who and rulon who? i dont recall specifically but i do know these dorks switched commitments after claiming they were solid for NU,

remember what craig rourke did? He committed early to Florida state, and then realized what he made the wrong choice and went to home state Oklahoma. Hopfully Gunn follows suit. :)

screw that! i don't want hime to play for Oklahoma either!