Petteway in the Pros

Will He Stay or Will He Go?  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Our woeful offense not withstanding, guys who take 29% of the team's shots and have a 0.9-1 assist to turnover ration don't make good point guards.

You can not tell me that he was not asked to carry the team because no one else could make an outside shot. I think it would be different next year with White.

So was he carrying the team last year as well? Didn't we have more outside shooting? Because he took 25% of our shots and had a 0.6-1 assist to turnover ratio that year.

Regardless, the players Miles inherited are & were not good players. And without Petteway, we are lucking to win 10 games each of the last 2 years.

There is no discernible difference between winning 13 games this year with Petteway and winning 10 without him.

Our woeful offense not withstanding, guys who take 29% of the team's shots and have a 0.9-1 assist to turnover ration don't make good point guards.

You can not tell me that he was not asked to carry the team because no one else could make an outside shot. I think it would be different next year with White.

So was he carrying the team last year as well? Didn't we have more outside shooting? Because he took 25% of our shots and had a 0.6-1 assist to turnover ratio that year.

Regardless, the players Miles inherited are & were not good players. And without Petteway, we are lucking to win 10 games each of the last 2 years.

Continuing to bemoan the players Miles inherited is a pretty tired act at this point. Miles has been here three years. If it's still the players he was left with that are the problem it's only because he hasn't been able to recruit anyone better. Next year we will have exactly one player taller than 6-8 on the roster and he's a project at best. During Miles first year, the "players he inherited" included a seven-footer, and four players that were 6-10 or 6-11. So when we're getting beat like a drum on the inside in his fourth year will it still be because of the players he inherited?

• Fire 2

Continuing to bemoan the players Miles inherited is a pretty tired act at this point. Miles has been here three years. If it's still the players he was left with that are the problem it's only because he hasn't been able to recruit anyone better. Next year we will have exactly one player taller than 6-8 on the roster and he's a project at best. During Miles first year, the "players he inherited" included a seven-footer, and four players that were 6-10 or 6-11. So when we're getting beat like a drum on the inside in his fourth year will it still be because of the players he inherited?

takeN20.gif

• Fire 2

players & starters are 2 different things.

True enough. One of those players Miles inherited was his best player that year and another one stared several games. I would be shocked if the one he's recruited in the four years since is more of a factor next year the the "other" one he inherited and has no hope of being as much of a contributor as Ubel. Although, if you go on a pound-for-pound basis he may be similar to Almeida.

True enough. One of those players Miles inherited was his best player that year and another one stared several games. I would be shocked if the one he's recruited in the four years since is more of a factor next year the the "other" one he inherited and has no hope of being as much of a contributor as Ubel. Although, if you go on a pound-for-pound basis he may be similar to Almeida.

We defiantly need a big man and I hope Miles gets 2 with his open schollies, with one being a SR transfer or a juco. Good young bigs are hard to find. Rebounding was an issue this year, but I think poor outside shooting was our biggest issue.

Mav is the MAN today!

There is a reason that Miles and his Huskers are picked to finish 13th next year...in the Big Ten.

Mav looks at things logically.

He might be the best poster on this board...

But enough with the love affair.

Miles deserves criticism. He has done a great job, but he also isnt perfect. I dont blame the transfers on him, that is just what college basketball has become. He has really struggled getting big men to sign on the dotted line. But in his defense, that is a tough position to recruit.

Mav is the MAN today!

There is a reason that Miles and his Huskers are picked to finish 13th next year...in the Big Ten.

Miles deserves criticism. He has done a great job, but he also isnt perfect. I dont blame the transfers on him, that is just what college basketball has become. He has really struggled getting big men to sign on the dotted line. But in his defense, that is a tough position to recruit.

It sounds like you are hinting that I am the second best poster? Hmmmmm? Hmmmm?

Mav is the MAN today!

It sounds like you are hinting that I am the second best poster? Hmmmmm? Hmmmm?

Hinting?

I meant to flat out say it. You are the 2nd best poster*

*who is a teacher on this board.