Sign in to follow this  
seamusotoole

Golf

Just wondering what the best local golf courses were. We plan on hitting up the Spring Game and then golf Sunday. Are the muni's any good such as Hi-Mark? Never golfed Lincoln. Now is good as time as any. Please help!

I've only played Hi-Mark once and it was a while ago so I don't remember much about it. But as far as the city courses go they're pretty good. Pioneers is probably tops, but it get pretty busy, Highlands would be my second favorite. The greens at Highlands seem to be a little tricky, but they're probably better now that we actually got a good rain. Homes is ok, but I feel like you're always shooting up hill and into the wind. Mahoney is meh, kind of boring and really wide open. If you're a good golfer it's not going to challenge you except for distance.

Crooked Creek is another course I like to play. It's out on East O Street about 3 or 4 miles outside of town. It's pretty cheap, but it's a nice course.

This thread could use some love, so I'll give it some. Unfortunately I haven't played golf in Nebraska in about 15 years.

Once upon a time, I worked at Pioneers. A long time before that, my dad was good friends with the pro at the time, Dave Oliphant.

I used to play the Ager Junior as a little tyke... happy memories....

It's too bad the Highlands didn't come along until well after I'd left the area.