Golf

4 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

holy crap wiu...7100 and you weren't even playing the tips...? and I have had Tatanka on the "future play list" since it opened, so thanks for the info

It was a long course. I think the shortest par 3 we played was 190ish. A couple monster par 4s. I shot an 84 and was thrilled with that score. 

8 minutes ago, wiuhusker said:

Got a good laugh out of that. Even though it's an older course I enjoy playing there. Actually makes you hit different golf shots compared to some courses around here that are wide open and you can miss 3 fairways either way

I used to work for the city at Westwood Heights golf course, so we call Gene all the time.

I liked playing Applewood/Johnny Goodman.  It wasn't a bad track for a muni.

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I used to work for the city at Westwood Heights golf course, so we call Gene all the time.

I liked playing Applewood/Johnny Goodman.  It wasn't a bad track for a muni.

The city courses have come a long way. Benson is usually in pretty good shape. I prefer Benson/Knolls/Goodman any day over Pac Springs/Stone Creek/Tiburon. 

Buddy and I went and played Indian Creek a few weeks back. To me that's the best value course in the city. 

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, wiuhusker said:

Got a good laugh out of that. Even though it's an older course I enjoy playing there. Actually makes you hit different golf shots compared to some courses around here that are wide open and you can miss 3 fairways either way

I like playing nice well maintained old courses.  

When I lived in Des Moines, Wakonda Country Club was fun because it was just so different than newer courses.  

If I remember right, it's the oldest course west of the Mississippi.  Huge old trees, tight fairways, up and down hills and small greens.