Golf

1 minute ago, wiuhusker said:

The city courses have come a long way. Benson is usually in pretty good shape. I prefer Benson/Knolls/Goodman any day over Pac Springs/Stone Creek/Tiburon. 

Buddy and I went and played Indian Creek a few weeks back. To me that's the best value course in the city. 

I never liked Pac Springs.  Stone Creek is too easy, and I barely remember Tiburon.

3 minutes ago, wiuhusker said:

Tiburon and Stone Creek are very similar. 27 holes and fairly wide open. Also takes about 5 1/2 hours to play a round out there. 

Big, 27-hole complexes through housing developments create courses with holes just put in to the available land.  It creates un-imaginative designs and layouts.  Plus, the idea of a 27-hole complex is to create as many tee times available as possible, especially on the weekends.

Indian Creek is a good layout, and isn't the typical 27-hole complex through a housing development.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, wiuhusker said:

Will be interesting to follow this as it's being built as well. Nice to have a course like this going in a little closer to Omaha. Love Awarii and Wildhorse but they're a decent drive to get to. 

https://kingcollinsgolf.com/projects/landmand-golf-club/

I have only played Wildhorse, and only played it 3 times over 2 days, but I loved it.  The wide open prairies, the large target areas off the tee, and general sense of being away from everything.  It's such a fun experience, and gives a sense of links golf, although I still played golf "through the air".

I really want to go play The Prarie Club near Valentine, but don't really have anyone to go play with.  Maybe when my son gets older, we can take a father-son weekend up there.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I have only played Wildhorse, and only played it 3 times over 2 days, but I loved it.  The wide open prairies, the large target areas off the tee, and general sense of being away from everything.  It's such a fun experience, and gives a sense of links golf, although I still played golf "through the air".

I really want to go play The Prarie Club near Valentine, but don't really have anyone to go play with.  Maybe when my son gets older, we can take a father-son weekend up there.

I've played Wildhorse once and it was one of my favorite courses I've played to date. Still need to get out and play Bayside. Prarie Club is on the must play list as well if I can find a group of buddies to go with me. 

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, wiuhusker said:

I've played Wildhorse once and it was one of my favorite courses I've played to date. Still need to get out and play Bayside. Prarie Club is on the must play list as well if I can find a group of buddies to go with me. 

Bayside isn't bad.  The course is designed to play with a prevailing south wind, and the day we played it the wind was from the north.  It made some holes really easy, and other holes really hard.  There is one par 5 on the back 9 that goes fairly close to the lake.  It's nearly 600 yards, going from the south to the north.  It would be manageable with a southerly wind, but going against the wind was brutal!!!

On 9/5/2019 at 3:25 PM, wiuhusker said:

The city courses have come a long way. Benson is usually in pretty good shape. I prefer Benson/Knolls/Goodman any day over Pac Springs/Stone Creek/Tiburon. 

Buddy and I went and played Indian Creek a few weeks back. To me that's the best value course in the city. 

I feel like Indian Creek is way overpriced.

Had the pleasure of playing Poppy Hills in Pebble Beach, CA on Friday.  Probably the nicest course i've ever played.  Senior PGA open is being held there in a week or two.

53 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

I feel like Indian Creek is way overpriced.

Had the pleasure of playing Poppy Hills in Pebble Beach, CA on Friday.  Probably the nicest course i've ever played.  Senior PGA open is being held there in a week or two.

It is over priced now...I think it is 60 dollars all the time...I love that course though.  But I agree that it seems a bit high.  I remember playing it for 40 all the time.

25 minutes ago, QMany said:

Interesting, I think Indian Creek is one of the best values in golf. Great layout, arguably the best conditions in Omaha, Top-5 Web.com venue. $33 weekday walking, $60 weekend riding. 

Agree.  Great value.  One of my favorite courses in Nebraska.  Wish we had a PGA tour event somewhere.  US Senior Open is coming back to Omaha CC in 2021 though!

• Plus1 1
59 minutes ago, QMany said:

Interesting, I think Indian Creek is one of the best values in golf. Great layout, arguably the best conditions in Omaha, Top-5 Web.com venue. $33 weekday walking, $60 weekend riding. 

I love the course, it is awesome...Just wish it was a little cheaper.  We used to play out there all the time, that first hole, I think a par 5 onn red feather...god I hate that f#&%ing hole.

8 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I love the course, it is awesome...Just wish it was a little cheaper.  We used to play out there all the time, that first hole, I think a par 5 onn red feather...god I hate that f#&%ing hole.

Oh, I wish it was cheaper too! :lol: But I think it is still a darned good value. That is a championship golf course. 

Also, I'm coming from Kansas City. We didn't have anything close to that, a pristine public championship golf course, let alone one reasonably priced.