Golf

15 minutes ago, QMany said:

Oh, I wish it was cheaper too! :lol: But I think it is still a darned good value. That is a championship golf course. 

Also, I'm coming from Kansas City. We didn't have anything close to that, a pristine public championship golf course, let alone one reasonably priced. 

They could hire hotter cart girls though!

3 hours ago, teachercd said:

I love the course, it is awesome...Just wish it was a little cheaper.  We used to play out there all the time, that first hole, I think a par 5 onn red feather...god I hate that f#&%ing hole.

I look at it like I can either pay $50 to go play Stone Creek/Tiburon/Pac Springs or I can throw an extra $10 down and go play a far superior course. Even the Omaha city courses are $45-$50 on a weekend. 

3 hours ago, wiuhusker said:

I look at it like I can either pay $50 to go play Stone Creek/Tiburon/Pac Springs or I can throw an extra $10 down and go play a far superior course. Even the Omaha city courses are $45-$50 on a weekend. 

Yeah that is true.

As a teacher I wish they would do a teacher pass over the summer.

Make it only useable Monday through Thursday, and only between like 9am and 2pm...make it 500 dollars for the summer.

As much as I practice, I tried to finagle some kind of range pass or membership option at Indian Creek. But they were having none of it. I think they are pretty much printing money out there right now. They are running a good operation; I don't know what their Super is getting paid but probably deserves a raise!

As much as I practice, I tried to finagle some kind of range pass or membership option at Indian Creek. But they were having none of it. I think they are pretty much printing money out there right now. They are running a good operation; I don't know what their Super is getting paid but probably deserves a raise!

EDIT: I'm was just thinking about their course conditions again...

Setting aside other smaller tournaments, I've played:

• 2013 Missouri Am @ Blue Hills CC
  • 2014 Kansas Am @ Mission Hills CC
  • 2015 Kansas Am @ Wichita CC
  • 2016 Kansas Am @ GC at Southwind
  • 2017 Kansas Am @ Kansas City CC
  • 2018 Kansas Am @ Firekeeper
  • 2019 Nebraska Am @ Lincoln CC

Indian Creek on any random summer day has had better conditions than any of those!

• Plus1 1

7 hours ago, QMany said:

EDIT: I'm was just thinking about their course conditions again...

Setting aside other smaller tournaments, I've played:

• 2013 Missouri Am @ Blue Hills CC
  • 2014 Kansas Am @ Mission Hills CC
  • 2015 Kansas Am @ Wichita CC
  • 2016 Kansas Am @ GC at Southwind
  • 2017 Kansas Am @ Kansas City CC
  • 2018 Kansas Am @ Firekeeper
  • 2019 Nebraska Am @ Lincoln CC

Indian Creek on any random summer day has had better conditions than any of those!

I would put Indian Creek in my top 5 as far as course conditions go and I've been fortunate to play some really nice courses (Torrey Pines South, Seven Canyons, Wildhorse, Awarii Dunes). Not sure it cracks the top 5 for me if you consider scenery as Elkhorn doesn't really compare to Sedona, AZ or Breckenridge. 

One of my favorite courses I've played was a links style course that we played in St Louis last summer called Aberdeen Golf Club. I also really enjoyed playing ColdWater Creek in Ames when I had to travel there a couple summers ago. I've been pretty lucky to get on some nice courses throughout the years. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Caleb Manuel was tied with Armand Ouellette entering the last hole of the Maine State Golf Association Junior Championship. Ouellette had hit his drive about 250 yards on the 495-yard, par-5 18th at Gorham Country Club, then hit a hybrid to the green. He had a makeable eagle putt.  

Ouellette did make it.  

Ouellette did not win.

Manuel made a two. 

Manuel won. 

Manuel, according to the Portland Press Herald, hit a 6-iron from 193 yards away on the 18th, and his ball went 193 yards. His 6-iron took one bounce on the green, rolled 10 feet and dropped. An albatross. A double eagle. A score made once out of every 6 million shots, according to the PGA’s website. One of the rarest scores in golf.

To win a golf tournament. 

Link

• 2 months later...

The fell-better-about-your-own-golf-game post of the day:

EjfnRo7XcAE90y5?format=jpg&name=small

1. From 50 yards, pros hit it inside 12 feet just half the time.
2. From 115 yards, plenty of pros miss the green.
3. From 160 yards, it’s really hard to hit it tight.
4. From 205 yards, it’s a coin flip whether Tour pros will hit the green.
5. From 250 yards, it’s really hard to hit it close.

Golf.com

• Plus1 1