Golf

23 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I bet last year I had played 5-6 rounds by now.  This year, I haven't swung a club yet because of this stupid weather.  So damn frustrating.  

I'm in a Saturday men's league and we had our season kickoff tournament pushed back a week due to snow on Friday.  There is snow on the ground from Sunday night, but it should melt and be fine for our make-up date this Saturday.

Thankfully my son's baseball team hasn't been impacted by any snow yet.  They keep the game schedule light in March due to the unpredictable weather in Colorado.

• Plus1 2

12 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I'm in a Saturday men's league and we had our season kickoff tournament pushed back a week due to snow on Friday.  There is snow on the ground from Sunday night, but it should melt and be fine for our make-up date this Saturday.

Thankfully my son's baseball team hasn't been impacted by any snow yet.  They keep the game schedule light in March due to the unpredictable weather in Colorado.

I think this is the year I still don't break 80.  I know I can't do it if I just keep doing the same stupid s#!t I do on the course every time I play.

Driver for no reason? Check

Leaving EVERY first putt short, refusing to give myself a chance, I can do that again!

Completely mismanaging every hole, this is the year (again)

If I just keep not focusing like I have been I know that I can't get into the 70's.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2
23 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I think this is the year I still don't break 80.  I know I can't do it if I just keep doing the same stupid s#!t I do on the course every time I play.

Driver for no reason? Check

Leaving EVERY first putt short, refusing to give myself a chance, I can do that again!

Completely mismanaging every hole, this is the year (again)

If I just keep not focusing like I have been I know that I can't get into the 70's.

I can get under 40 on nine holes...but I just can't get under 80 on 18.  

Hole management is huge.  Last year, I went into the year promising myself that I was going to be a smarter golfer.  When in trouble, don't try to make a great shot.  Just get it back in play and move on.  As the year went on, I think it really helped my overall score.  

Leaving puts short is a bad issue for me.

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1

@teachercd that's hilarious !  I know that feeling - unfortunately that's the best I ever do

I love golf and the game.  But no matter, I do ok at the range and then suck on the Tees.  The finesse game and putting still isn't there to truly enjoy it.

Maybe it's because I'm a lefty and overthink every hit too much...  It goes from "this is sooo fun" to "dammit, I suck !"  :cry

• Haha 2
52 minutes ago, admo said:

@teachercd that's hilarious !  I know that feeling - unfortunately that's the best I ever do

I love golf and the game.  But no matter, I do ok at the range and then suck on the Tees.  The finesse game and putting still isn't there to truly enjoy it.

Maybe it's because I'm a lefty and overthink every hit too much...  It goes from "this is sooo fun" to "dammit, I suck !"  :cry

Plus, it just takes one bad hole to make it worse.  Take a 7 on a hole and getting 79 becomes almost impossible. 

• Plus1 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Well, this is a twist I haven't seen before:

Hole-in-one photo leads to arrest of suspect in death of Florida man

The charge stems from the tragic death of 87-year-old Dean Zook on July 16. A couple weeks prior, Zook and his wife were going out to dinner at Glenview Country Club when Zook bumped a parked vehicle with his own car. A man thinking his car had been damaged began punching Zook before realizing it wasn't his car that had been hit and walking away. But the damage had been done.

Zook suffered brain bleeding and had to be flown to a nearby hospital. He never recovered. In the meantime, a search for his assailant began, led by the Sumter County Sheriff's office posting surveillance photos of a man who fit the description picking up food at Glenview Country Club earlier that day. Surveillance footage also showed the man bumping into a server and spilling drinks on a customer at the bar.

That led to police being sent a tip and a photo of a man fitting that description and going by the name "Bob." When detectives did a Google image search using the picture they came across the following photo of Moore from Villages-News.com in which he was posing after making an ace at Tarpon Boil Executive Golf Course earlier this year.

“Moore appeared to be wearing the same shoes, shorts and sunglasses as seen in the video surveillance from Glenview Country Club,” the detective wrote in the affidavit of probable cause, according to Villages-News.com. The detective also noted Glenview's close proximity to Moore's home in the Village of Polo Ridge and the fact that his black Lexus RX350 was a close match to the vehicle struck by Zook on June 28.

• Oh Yeah! 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...