Golf

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/23/2021 at 3:56 PM, Mavric said:

I've only see closer views of the vehicle like in that story.  It looks like it might have gone down some sort of incline but I'd like to see a wider shot to see where it is relative to the road.

That looks really bad.  Hopefully it's not as bad as it looks.

• 1 month later...

Golf is such a frustrating game.  About a month ago, I played for the first time at a pretty tough course and shot a 45.  I was happy.  Then, at my home course, I shot a 38 the first night of mens league.  I was ecstatic.  BUT....ever since then, i've fallen apart and can't do anything.  Last Thursday at league I shot a 51.  

This happens so often where the first time or two for the year, I play really well, then fall apart.  Why after not playing for 8 months can I play so well, but after playing for a week or two, I can't play at all?

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Golf is such a frustrating game.  About a month ago, I played for the first time at a pretty tough course and shot a 45.  I was happy.  Then, at my home course, I shot a 38 the first night of mens league.  I was ecstatic.  BUT....ever since then, i've fallen apart and can't do anything.  Last Thursday at league I shot a 51.  

This happens so often where the first time or two for the year, I play really well, then fall apart.  Why after not playing for 8 months can I play so well, but after playing for a week or two, I can't play at all?

Ha...I might as well have typed out this post!

I can shoot a 96 or 83.  It is not that I do anything different it just happens.  

A lot of times I can trace it back to putting.  Where I have one of those rounds where I sink a 10 footer for par instead of 3 putting, or where I put a 30 footer within a foot.  Or a chip in, which for me probably means the difference in 3 strokes just on that hole.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

This is exactly me this year as well. I have it moving back down, but it is frustrating. 

Also, the guys on TV do it too...64 one day and 79 the next, on the same course. 

With me, last week's disaster is summed up in two shots.  Par 5, hole 6.  I hit two great feeling shots, only to have them hit the tiniest little leave sticking out from a tree.....and drop straight down. So, there's at least two strokes right there on one hole.

Oh....and my chipping around the green (which usually is a strong point) has completely become a disaster.  I either chunk it two inches behind the ball or blade it across the green.  

• 4 weeks later...

39 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I know right? I thought they would be whining, but most seem to be for it. I think it will be a good thing. 

Greens reading books take the skill out of actually reading the greens with your eyes, feet, etc.  Plus, it adds a lot of time on the greens as players are looking at their book for every darn putt.

• Plus1 2