Mavric

RB Mulbah Car [Houston Commit]

From Husker Journal:

APRIL 18 2015. ALL TEAMS MESSAGE BOARDS MULBAH CAR, RB, 5-11, 195, AUSTIN (JOHN H REAGAN), TEXAS

Car and Nebraska’s running back coach Reggie Davis are Twitter friends, and they have establish a good relationship. Coach Davis contacted Car’s high school coach to have Mulbah Car give him a return phone call. The phone call was a valuable one as Coach Reggie Davis offered Car a scholarship to the University of Nebraska.”

“Liked me on film”

“Coach Davis said he liked me on film, I’m a good player. They (Nebr.) have a new staff coming in with a new coach, so he let me know about that. He is recruiting the Austin area.” Car said

He likes to run

“He (Davis) said he likes how I run downhill - I’m aggressive. I’m a type of person with the ball and go downhill that’s what he likes about me. He wants to coach me. All we do in high school is run with the ball.” Car said

Would like to visit NU

“I’m hoping he (Davis) will send me an invitation so I can go there and check it out; that’s what my coach told me. I’m not sure yet (visit) they haven’t said anything. The thing they (Nebr.) did say they will come up here for spring ball and check me out.” Car said

“Coach Davis told me he likes me, we will talk more about it. It was the first time we talked; we will talk more and more. He said it’s good to call the players and communicate with them form a bond and call more.” Car said

cornhead.gif

Apparently will be here Friday after visiting Iowa State Thursday.

Interesting. I guess if he wants to stop by there's no harm in that. But I wouldn't think we'd still be after him very much. At least at RB. He can play DB as well so that might be a possibility.

He is great at diagnosing angles and hitting hard. I say put him at DB and let him compete there. He has great fb instincts which allows him to play multiple positions at the next level. He's one you get on the team and then you move based on where there's a need.

Gosh, if he is playing top talent, I really like his film.

They are 5A - same as Stevenson. Not the biggest class but still pretty good competition.

Obviously this visit was scheduled before everything with Stevenson came about but I would have to think at this point if we're still interested it would NOT be at RB.

“The whole facility, it was beautiful. The academic rooms, the dorms, and the football stadium stood out to me really well,” Car said.

“I talked with Coach Davis and we talked about plays and how I fit in and everything,” Car said. “We checked out the stadium and the whole place. That’s what we did. They told me the way I run the ball and they need somebody who can burst, and that’s what I have. Maybe somebody who can burst throughout the play.”

Will be coming back for an OV in the fall.

I'm honored to have received an offer to play football at U of H Today After prayerful consideration I committed to be a cougar !!!!!!

— Mulbah Car (@mulbahcar123456) August 6, 2015

Did I get this right that he received the offer today and committed immediately?

We're having a bad run of kids committing elsewhere the moment they get back from their NU visit.

Kinda tells me we are a secondary option to most kids.

We have a lot of kids that we are their first choice and there are a lot that have other schools as their first choice.

That has always been and always will be. We wouldn't be sitting on the number of commits we have right now if we were second fiddle for everyone.

I'm honored to have received an offer to play football at U of H Today After prayerful consideration I committed to be a cougar !!!!!!

Did I get this right that he received the offer today and committed immediately?

I think the punctuation should have been a period after "U of H" and a comma after "Today".

I think the punctuation should have been a period after "U of H" and a comma after "Today".

And some people think punctuation is stupid.

• Upvote 2

LINK

That was pretty quick for Car. He literally got the offer from Houston on Thursday and it didn't seem to take much time. In all likelihood, Aphonso Thomas should be a better back.

This is obviously the school he wanted to go to no matter what. Got the offer and jumped on it.

• Upvote 1

Thomas might be a better RB, but I was hoping Car would play safety at Nebraska.

I disagree. I think Car would have been a phenom here at NU.

Thomas is good, but I'm not as sure about him.

Based off Junior films of course