Signed - TE Jack Stoll

Mavric

Just watched Jack's Senior tape.

Pretty underrated recruit, IMO. He has good size and bulk to come in and help at TE early. A little bit on the lighter size, but not small by any means. One inch taller than Carter... really hope we continue to load up on BIG TEs so we can start to exploit some mismatches. Despite being a bigger guy, he's pretty dang agile. He's got good awareness of his position when making sideline catches, and weaves pretty well through traffic when he was thrown shorter stuff. His school must run a spread, because he was lined up out wide quite a lot.

Looked good catching and running with WR screens. REALLY like his YAC ability. Seems to be a BEAST to bring down after making the catch. Several times on that short (3 min) film, he just ran right through weak tackle attempts aimed at his legs and kept rolling. He looked good cutting and running in the open field as well, so I'd say he has decent vision. Did well in one on one situations down the field. High pointed a goal line fade over a smaller CB in the second play on the film.

Seems like he'd be a good fit at TE or we could even flex him out to WR in certain situations like we used to do with Mike McNeill back in the day. Really glad we have this guy in the fold! Can't wait to see him don the scarlet & cream!

• Fire 1

Didn't realize I was opening up this Pandora's box of cynicism :lol:

Just noticed that Jack was one of the recruits getting the least amount of chatter since he committed early, is probably safe to stick with his committal, and isn't necessarily all-world, five-star world beater. Figured I'd throw on the kids tape and see what he brought to the table. Goes without saying, but I came away impressed. He was more athletic and smoother than I expected. Figured I'd give our boy some props and spread the good news, when there's been very little on the recruiting front lately.

GBR!

• Fire 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thompson: “He had success all over the field. Whether he was removed as a receiver, whether he was on the line blocking at the end, or in the backfield, lead blocking on a linebacker. It was funny because I had that conversation with him about how he has success all over the place. He goes, 'Coach, all it is is beating the guy in front of you.' And I was sold."

OWH