Visits: 10/10/15 vs. Wisconsin

O8n7o.png

Twitter

Rivals: #175 Overall; #7 ProQB; :star:star:star:star
247: #96 Overall; #8 ProQB; :star:star:star:star
Scout: #293 Overall; #16 QB; :star:star:star:star
ESPN: #20 ProQB; :star:star:star

Hudl

Won MVP honors at The Opening event in L.A.

• Upvote 2

Apparently Langsdorf watched him throw yesterday.

Which is probably why Treand3 posted that. :thumbs

Yep.

I wouldn't pay any attention to his profiles. Kid is gonna blow up.

Edit: He's got a good shot being an elite 11 camp attendee.

• Upvote 1

He's got really good vision and he can move effectively in the pocket. Also had some good runs on the designed qb draws.

Also, stepped up into the pocket and stepped into his throw even though a big hit was coming

But seriously, TONS of shotgun.

The first play was the only play I noticed he was under center. It was a play-action bomb. Kid throws the ball well. I'm just curious about all the shotgun stuff and if he doesn't want to play under center?

I guess the only question left is will Ron Kellogg's #12 jersey be too baggy on him?

Not if he wears two rib protectors.

And eats a boat load of ribs

The first play was the only play I noticed he was under center. It was a play-action bomb. Kid throws the ball well. I'm just curious about all the shotgun stuff and if he doesn't want to play under center?

Don't think that really matters with his skill set.

I guess the only question left is will Ron Kellogg's #12 jersey be too baggy on him?

Not if he wears two rib protectors.

And eats a boat load of ribs

Throw a game winning Hail Mary at home, and he won't have to pay for those ribs ever again. Or was it cheeseburgers?

So what is the reason for him not being recruited? not being rated very high? I mean, has he not really gone to many camps? Is his school an unknown?

Just curious is all...

I noticed all the shotgun too, still impressed with him. I like his size too.

I'm okay with the shotgun too, it just makes you wonder if A) That could be a turn off for the staff, since they want more under center or B) Nebraska could turn him off for those reasons..... But I guess as long as he is not getting recruited by anyone else it doesn't matter.

3 star by 247... 87 rating... Apparently a crystal ball for us too.

Hmmm... Wonder if the traffic from this thread caused them to get his profile up and running? This morning his profile was blank, no picture, no rating, no interests.

Just watched the first 3 minutes of his tape. Now that is what a QB looks like. Strong arm and very accurate. And just mobile enough to beat you if you don't respect him. Kid looks really good.

Wow, I'm so excited to see this. I first saw the offer for Wilson go out this morning and assumed O'Brien would not get one. I personally like O'Brien's film and size better, but both look like better passers than any QB on our current roster (outside of Darlington). I'm now so happy that we offered O'Brien too!

Hopefully he chooses us and the rest doesn't matter. Who has the numbers to back up the number of times a recruit goes to the school that offered first?

Set to visit May 10th. Dad probably coming with him.

Would likely jump at a USC or UCLA offer.

Planning a summer decision.

We told him we could take two QBs in this class. Even if Wilson commits, we'll hold a spot for O'Brien until he makes his decision.

• Upvote 1

We told him we could take two QBs in this class. Even if Wilson commits, we'll hold a spot for O'Brien until he makes his decision.

Not surprised. Once Wilson got offered, it was clear, to me, that Riley and Langsdorf want two QBs this class. The question is why are they recruiting QBs with distinct skill sets? Is it because they have not decided which system they want to run in the future (running a system featuring an athletic runner/passer QB or a QB with strong pocket presences with the ability to move the pocket), or are we seeing evidence of a two-QB system, passer and runner? Let the overreaction begin. :ahhhhhhhh