Signed - QB Patrick O'Brien

Treand3

I definitely want to make sure Wilson is also getting some love, but I am stoked about Patrick O'Brien committing to NU. I know the highlight film will show some of his best plays, but that alone shows his technique and throwing motion (even on the run) is better than any QB starter we've had since 2009. I think he can be very special at NU, and given he's still relatively new at the QB role, it looks like there is huge upside.

Kudos to Langsdorf and Riley for setting their target of having both these QBs early and then building a class around them.

I definitely want to make sure Wilson is also getting some love, but I am stoked about Patrick O'Brien committing to NU. I know the highlight film will show some of his best plays, but that alone shows his technique and throwing motion (even on the run) is better than any QB starter we've had since 2009. I think he can be very special at NU, and given he's still relatively new at the QB role, it looks like there is huge upside.

Kudos to Langsdorf and Riley for setting their target of having both these QBs early and then building a class around them.

Agree. They are both excellent qbs. I'm excited about both. They have a little bit different skill set, but they both ball. The competition and learning for each other will make them both much, much better.

Imagine how much they are going to be pushing each other. When one is of the field, he will see the other perform. That will drive them to greatness.

• Fire 1

I don't want to get roasted for this but I have to say it:

I don't get it. I hope he proves to be the next great Husker QB if he even ends up here, but looking at the same stuff all of you are going nuts for right now, I have to say........we don't see the same thing. The guy needs some work and he better figure out that there is more WR's than just the primary. He also better learn that there is two sides of the field divided by hash marks. This kid only plays on half the football field.

He is only in high school so there is time. He's obviously not going to be a polished QB at this point.

Don't necessarily disagree but the guys who are capable of consistently working past their 2nd progression aren't coming to Nebraska, at least not yet. More impressed with what the guys been able to do with limited time at position.. And if there is anything positive to take away from him forcing it to the first progression is he has the arm strength to get it there.. Probably won't be able to get away with that at the next level but he seems to have the physical tools

Riley and Company Recruiting > Bo and Company Recruiting

I know what you are trying to say but Bo and Company landed a 3 star QB in Armstrong and a high 3 star (maybe a 4 star?) in Stanton. Plus Riley and company hasn't recruited anyone to Nebraska better than Bo did at any given year.

Right now we have 6 commits. One 4 star and 5 3 star. 3 of which committed to Bo in the first place. Tell me how that is better than Bo at this point?

• Fire 4

Riley and Company Recruiting > Bo and Company Recruiting

I know what you are trying to say but Bo and Company landed a 3 star QB in Armstrong and a high 3 star (maybe a 4 star?) in Stanton. Plus Riley and company hasn't recruited anyone to Nebraska better than Bo did at any given year.

Right now we have 6 commits. One 4 star and 5 3 star. 3 of which committed to Bo in the first place. Tell me how that is better than Bo at this point?

I know what you are trying to say but Riley and Co had to essentially re recruit most of the last class as well as recruit the current players to stick with the team so essentially he recruited the same players as Bo and co to a certain degree. I think, I have been drinking since Thursday nite. :wasted

• Fire 2

It's only a highlight reel, but his is the first guy that to me throws like a real quarterback. If the staff can bring him along we absolutely got a steal

I think you're right about him being a steal. No attention was given to him in the past because he was equally focused on baseball but now he is invested in becoming the best FB player he can be and it's starting to show. The little I know about highlight reels could fill a thimble but to me a reel vs quality competition is worth a lot more than Class C football. He plays in a very competitive SoCal League.