Signed - QB Patrick O'Brien

Treand3

The Elite 11 experience offers quarterbacks the opportunity to compete with the best arms in the country. It also allows them to get coached up and work with some of the best quarterback engineers in the country. One of the instructors working with the talent this weekend is George Whitfield who has been the private quarterback coach of the likes of Jameis Winston, Ben Roethlisberger and Cam Newton. He talked with 247Sports about some of his Saturday impressions.

On the guys that stood out the most to him through two workouts:
"From an overall performance standpoint there's four guys that separated themselves from the pack just from being overall refined: Shea Patterson, Malik Henry, Jarrett Guarantano and Dwayne Haskins.
"There's a couple guys that are lurking and as soon as they get a chance it's going to be really scary: Felipe Franks has an awful lot of potential. KJ Costello at Stanford, he's right there pushing and I was pretty impressed with (Patrick) O'Brien, more impressed than I was on film."
Whitfield elaborated on what he liked out of Nebraska commit Patrick O'Brien:
"He has a competitive indifference to some of the dudes that are out there battling with him. They make a shot, there's a whole lot of rah-rah and he comes back and makes another shot. O'Brien was fun to watch."

What's his 40 time? Juuuuuust kidding. :corndance

Love his size! Looks like the quintessential pro style QB of which Riley/Langsdorf are more accustomed. Rated 11th at his position as per Rivals, which makes me wonder why he doesn't have more offers other than the likes of Co and UNLV. Anyway, good mobility/scrambling and has some wheels to take it down field a bit. Looks like a real good get.

Failte'!

I haven't watched the whole thing but I assume this means he didn't get invited to the finals.

TeNaHA.jpg

They are taking 18

We already have an Elite 11 guy on the roster: 4th string.

Look at the elite 11 in general and you would rather have a roster full of them than not

• Fire 2

O’Brien, a Nebraska commit out of San Juan Capistrano (Calif.) San Juan Hills, was spinning the football as good as anyone and is always very accurate. He’s a big, strong kid who moves around well in the pocket, is quick with his decisions and was a steal for the Huskers after being overlooked by most of the schools out West.

Scout

I haven't watched the whole thing but I assume this means he didn't get invited to the finals.

TeNaHA.jpg

They are taking 18

We already have an Elite 11 guy on the roster: 4th string.

Look at the elite 11 in general and you would rather have a roster full of them than not

Couldn't agree more, which makes Stanton even more disappointing--so far.