Signed - QB Patrick O'Brien

Treand3

We already have the WR's with more on the way. It won't happen overnight but a couple solid recruiting classes would go a long way to making the Huskers relevant again. POB is the QB we need to take the first step. After that we'll need CB's and S's, DL and OL.

So youre saying we basically need a whole team? lol

We have WR's and some recruited for 16. We probably have enough RB's with Tre committing today. We have recruited LBs both last year and some for 16 as well. The 2 Colorado kids should be good corners by next season. We graduate a few OL this year and need to bring in both quality and quantity....espec OT. The Davis twins should be in the mix next year but if VV and Collins leave for the NFL we'll be young. DE will be mostly untested opposite Freedom even if one of the Davis's fill that role.

So yea....we'll need about 75% of the positions to have numbers and quality.

First time I've actually watched his tape, and WOW! First off, I can see why he wants to play for us, the formations and plays are nearly identical to what we run here. Also, the pocket awareness, and mobility he has within the pocket is very impressive. I know he broke off a couple running touchdowns, and by no means does he have T-Mart speed but he has enough speed to be effective. Which is great, you certainly don't want someone as slow as a rock.

Quite a few of these passes are to wide open receivers, which is expected in high school, but overall his passes were very very impressive. The one where he rolls out to the right at the 5:20 mark and puts the pass exactly where it needs to be, the touch pass to the running back on the wheel route at about the 5:40 mark and the one on the comeback route at the 7:06 mark also really stood out to me.

I'm glad Riley and Co. found this guy early, the kid looks very comfortable and natural throwing the ball.

• Fire 1