Signed - QB Patrick O'Brien

Treand3

So let me get this straight...

O'Brien has offers from

Colorado - no commits

Colorado State - no commits

Nebraska - commit Terry Wilson, didn't take QB in 2015. JR Starter.

Texas Tech - commit Jett Duffy (5.3 2*), didn't take a QB in 2015. They have a JR starter this fall with So Backup.

He wanted offers from USC and UCLA.

USC - commit Matt Fink, last year they took two highly ranked QB's.

UCLA - commit Matt Lynch, last year they got the #1 QB in the country 5* Josh Rosen.

He has made a couple of comments that he would have loved to have stayed close to home and attended UCLA or USC but USC was suppose to come by his school Fri and either offer or tell him thanks but we have our guy already. They did not offer and they took a commit from someone else, so it looks like USC is off the table. UCLA doesn't need anyone with Josh coming in and Matt coming in next year. At this point, with his current offer list, we look like the best choice available, unless he want's to go to colorado, where he could play games close to home, but would lose a lot and wouldn't have much talent around him. My concern at this point is a Cal or a Stanford coming in later on, but both schools already have their QB commit. In fact, Cal has two.

Even with Wilson already committed to us, we are a great opportunity for him. #1 Langsdorf really wants him. #2 We didn't take anybody last year and right now we don't have anyone really good on the team. #3 The guys already here were recruited for a different type of offense so they aren't necessarily built with what Riley is looking for at the position. We know Darlington lacks arm strength and is a concussion away from having to quit. We know Bush is a work in progress. We know Armstrong will only have one year left when Wilson and O'Brien get here, giving them a year to get some experience . We have great academics, great people, great facilities, great strength training & Nutrition... why not go to Nebraska?

I think we see a commitment within the next month from this guy.

• Fire 3

I hope he's good enough to get courted by other teams, but that he commits here anyway. Sure, it's two in one class, but there is plenty of opportunity here. Armstrong will be a senior when they are true freshmen, and the offense is changing. New staff needs to get their own guys in and they missed out last year.

"It was really good, I enjoyed myself a lot and had a really good time. I was surprised. I thought thered be more farms, not much around the school and everything, but theres a lot to do. Theres a lot of restaurants near the arena. We went to a place outside of Lincoln. It seemed like a really cool town and I really enjoyed it."

• Fire 1