LB Mique Juarez [UCLA - Signed LOI]

Player: Mique Juarez
Hometown: Torrance, California
School: North
Position: Athlete
Height: 6-2
Weight: 209
40 time: 4.67
Offers: BYU, California, Michigan, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Oklahoma State, Oregon, Oregon State, San Diego State, UCLA, USC, Utah, Washington
Visits:

Twitter

Rivals: #5 Overall; #4 ATH; :star:star:star:star:star
247: #54 Overall; #5 OBL; :star:star:star:star
Scout: #42 Overall; #4 OLB; :star:star:star:star
ESPN: #43 Overall; #4 OLB; :star:star:star:star

Hudl

Nebraska is a serious contender for Juarez and he has developed an excellent relationship with Bray. Considering all options while being committed to USC.

Bray is an animal on the recruiting trail, if his coaching is on par with his recruiting I really hope we have a plan to keep him around for a long while.

Nebraska is a serious contender for Juarez and he has developed an excellent relationship with Bray. Considering all options while being committed to USC.

Bray is an animal on the recruiting trail, if his coaching is on par with his recruiting I really hope we have a plan to keep him around for a long while.

He is suppose to be the real deal on the field as well. I think this is why we signed him to the shortest contract. He will be a hot commodity with Nebraska as a stage to show his potential.

He is suppose to be the real deal on the field as well. I just this is why we signed him to the shortest contract. He will be a hot commodity with Nebraska as a stage to show his potential.

Agree. Bray has great relationships with a number of top guys. If we can keep him for a few years, it'd be a victory.

I'm missing the link that says were serious players for him?

It was a Rivals guy who tweeted it. The teaser said something about "serious contender" then this link: http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1766813

I didn't see the word 'serious' in there.
It was in the tweet, not in the links teaser.

Oh, well, I doubt we pry a 5* Cali kid away from USC. They'll pay him if they have to.

• Upvote 1

It was a Rivals guy who tweeted it. The teaser said something about "serious contender" then this link: http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1766813

Oh, well, I doubt we pry a 5* Cali kid away from USC. They'll pay him if they have to.

That's quite an assumption. You don't think it has anything to do with the proximity to home, academic excellence, program tradition or the history of sending players to the NFL?

Accusing a program of serious recruiting violations like it's the norm for them is just lazy.

As for the prospect, it would be pretty awesome if he decided to come here. Of course its unlikely, but maybe Nebraska can sneak a visit from this kid.

That's quite an assumption. You don't think it has anything to do with the proximity to home, academic excellence, program tradition or the history of sending players to the NFL?

Accusing a program of serious recruiting violations like it's the norm for them is just lazy.

As for the prospect, it would be pretty awesome if he decided to come here. Of course its unlikely, but maybe Nebraska can sneak a visit from this kid.

Er...logo.gif

But all those reasons you listed are also why he won't decommit from USC to come to NU. Add to that, great weather, beaches, bikinis and the like.

Er...logo.gif

But all those reasons you listed are also why he won't decommit from USC to come to NU. Add to that, great weather, beaches, bikinis and the like.

So we shouldn't try or what?

Er...logo.gif

So we shouldn't try or what?

Well, he commited to SC in January and has not wavered, even with offers from ND, MI, OR, UCLA, OU, among others. Unless Bray has some special connection and/or feeling about it, I would say, yeah, it's probably a wasted effort. Evidently Bray et al feels we have a shot, but I say it's not going to happen. There are zillions of decent ATHs out there anyway, that usually end up as DBs. Would be nice to know what position the kid wants to play.

How do you expect a good salesman to make a sale without first seeing if there's interest? It's always worth a shot. What's the worst that could happen? He says he's not interested and it's over.

• Upvote 3

How do you expect a good salesman to make a sale without first seeing if there's interest? It's always worth a shot. What's the worst that could happen? He says he's not interested and it's over.

I agree with you as long as they don't take the "all-in" approach and cool off on others because they fall in love over this guy. The last coaching staff did that and it rarely if ever paid off.

What's the worst that could happen? He says he's not interested and it's over.

Probably right now, that's the best thing that could happen, since then we could move on and not waste a bunch of time and energy on a guy that is a big time long shot. I'd feel a little better about it if he wasn't already commited to SC, but he is and I don't see that changing. he probably has family close there that want to see the games, etc.

Better to spend the time on energy on somebody else. Again, if Bray has a special connection, then that maybe makes it worth a shot.

I agree with you as long as they don't take the "all-in" approach and cool off on others because they fall in love over this guy. The last coaching staff did that and it rarely if ever paid off.
Don't have to worry about that with this staff. One of the recruiting flaws of the last staff. They almost made themselves a hostage to recruits and the moment it didn't work out they were lost . We'll see less scrambling if they don't get who they initially set their eyes on. I respect Bray for going after Juarez, and going hard. Pretty sure Bray wouldn't even bother if he felt there was at least some hope. That said there are things against Nebraska's favor but things in Nebraska's favor.

I read Bray was recruiting him at OSU and built a strong relationship. Then when Bray moved here Juarez reached out to Bray saying he's interested.

Also read one of Juarez's big things is early PT and there is some thoughts that SC's loaded with young stud backers while we have a glaring hole.

I agree we probably have a less then 15% chance, but if we don't test it we have 0%. We are still talking to plenty of other backers, Alexander, Domann, Simmons and the guy committed to Miami are all very much in play.

I read Bray was recruiting him at OSU and built a strong relationship. Then when Bray moved here Juarez reached out to Bray saying he's interested.

Also read one of Juarez's big things is early PT and there is some thoughts that SC's loaded with young stud backers while we have a glaring hole.

I agree we probably have a less then 15% chance, but if we don't test it we have 0%. We are still talking to plenty of other backers, Alexander, Domann, Simmons and the guy committed to Miami are all very much in play.

15% at the #8 player in the country?

Put on the full court press. Although I feel like his interest is similar to the 'interest' from Sua Cravens from a few years ago. Maybe there is some, but there was never serious intention to commit here. Juarez would be huge for us.

Put on the full court press. Although I feel like his interest is similar to the 'interest' from Sua Cravens from a few years ago. Maybe there is some, but there was never serious intention to commit here. Juarez would be huge for us.

I did say less then. I was more pointing out it'd be plain silly to not try to recruit the #8 player in the country if he has any interest in us.

I did say less then. I was more pointing out it'd be plain silly to not try to recruit the #8 player in the country if he has any interest in us.
I agree. He reached out to us, put in some effort and see what happens.

Not that it guarantees we land more guys from CA, but this staff has WAY more history and connections there than the last one. Can't be discounted that Riley probably has decade plus long relationships at some programs in the state.

Watched camp at USC earlier this week but worked out for UCLA when he and his family were there on a visit.

The "experts" thinks it's a USC/UCLA battle.

He named the five,schools he will take an official visit to. Not sure if we made the cut it was a member article only. Anybody know?

Can someone help me with the pronunciation? Mick, Mike, Mikey, or Mike-ay or something I'm not even thinking of?

me-kay wah-rez