LB Mique Juarez [UCLA - Signed LOI]

Mavric

I'm missing the link that says were serious players for him?

It was a Rivals guy who tweeted it. The teaser said something about "serious contender" then this link: http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1766813

I didn't see the word 'serious' in there.
It was in the tweet, not in the links teaser.

Oh, well, I doubt we pry a 5* Cali kid away from USC. They'll pay him if they have to.

• Fire 1

It was a Rivals guy who tweeted it. The teaser said something about "serious contender" then this link: http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1766813

Oh, well, I doubt we pry a 5* Cali kid away from USC. They'll pay him if they have to.

That's quite an assumption. You don't think it has anything to do with the proximity to home, academic excellence, program tradition or the history of sending players to the NFL?

Accusing a program of serious recruiting violations like it's the norm for them is just lazy.

As for the prospect, it would be pretty awesome if he decided to come here. Of course its unlikely, but maybe Nebraska can sneak a visit from this kid.

That's quite an assumption. You don't think it has anything to do with the proximity to home, academic excellence, program tradition or the history of sending players to the NFL?

Accusing a program of serious recruiting violations like it's the norm for them is just lazy.

As for the prospect, it would be pretty awesome if he decided to come here. Of course its unlikely, but maybe Nebraska can sneak a visit from this kid.

Er...logo.gif

But all those reasons you listed are also why he won't decommit from USC to come to NU. Add to that, great weather, beaches, bikinis and the like.

Er...logo.gif

But all those reasons you listed are also why he won't decommit from USC to come to NU. Add to that, great weather, beaches, bikinis and the like.

So we shouldn't try or what?

Er...logo.gif

So we shouldn't try or what?

Well, he commited to SC in January and has not wavered, even with offers from ND, MI, OR, UCLA, OU, among others. Unless Bray has some special connection and/or feeling about it, I would say, yeah, it's probably a wasted effort. Evidently Bray et al feels we have a shot, but I say it's not going to happen. There are zillions of decent ATHs out there anyway, that usually end up as DBs. Would be nice to know what position the kid wants to play.

How do you expect a good salesman to make a sale without first seeing if there's interest? It's always worth a shot. What's the worst that could happen? He says he's not interested and it's over.

I agree with you as long as they don't take the "all-in" approach and cool off on others because they fall in love over this guy. The last coaching staff did that and it rarely if ever paid off.

What's the worst that could happen? He says he's not interested and it's over.

Probably right now, that's the best thing that could happen, since then we could move on and not waste a bunch of time and energy on a guy that is a big time long shot. I'd feel a little better about it if he wasn't already commited to SC, but he is and I don't see that changing. he probably has family close there that want to see the games, etc.

Better to spend the time on energy on somebody else. Again, if Bray has a special connection, then that maybe makes it worth a shot.

How do you expect a good salesman to make a sale without first seeing if there's interest? It's always worth a shot. What's the worst that could happen? He says he's not interested and it's over.

I agree with you as long as they don't take the "all-in" approach and cool off on others because they fall in love over this guy. The last coaching staff did that and it rarely if ever paid off.
Don't have to worry about that with this staff. One of the recruiting flaws of the last staff. They almost made themselves a hostage to recruits and the moment it didn't work out they were lost . We'll see less scrambling if they don't get who they initially set their eyes on. I respect Bray for going after Juarez, and going hard. Pretty sure Bray wouldn't even bother if he felt there was at least some hope. That said there are things against Nebraska's favor but things in Nebraska's favor.