JUCO QB Terry Wilson [Kentucky - Signed LOI]

Mavric

Says he's going to set his Nebraska OV then decide when to go to Oregon. Wants to be here for the Wisconsin game but hasn't decided for sure yet.

Good news IMHO. The longer he waits the better for us. I hope he makes the Wisconsin game. A new defense predicating on stopping the run should really help us against them. Would be a great game if we pull it out and might help solidify his commitment.

I cant blame him for looking around, Oregon is the hot team right now, the facilities are cool but don't carry nearly as much history and prestige as a tour at Nebraska. Eugene is an OK town as long as you stay within a few blocks of campus so you don't get harassed by druggies and homeless people. I hope he stays on board it would be great to have two top tier QB's to work with.

Go south of campus and the capital in lincoln and you have the same thing. Every bigger city has that garbage. Even when you go directly east of campus on Vine, its a dump filled with homeless people. I know because I lived right at that Walgreens on 26th and Vine for a few months back in 2008/09

If I were Wilson, I would be watching very closely how Riley and Langsdorf use our QBs this year. He is a great player with athletic ability that can be very successfully used on the football field. That is, IF it is used correctly.

If Riley and Langdorf take Armstrong and improve is passing while also capitalizing on his legs, then Wilson should be happy. However, if they try to force Armstrong into being a pocket passer, basically forcing a square peg into a round hole, Wilson should run as fast as he can to Oregon.

Oregon's offense fits him very well. Ours could fit him very well if the coaches are smart.

Now, I believe they are smart and I believe they are going to use Armstrong very effectively and I believe Wilson will be wearing RED next year.

But, it is smart for Wilson to keep the door open to Oregon until he sees what this fall looks like.

PS....And, I will guarantee you that Frost is telling him Riley wants pure pocket passers and not duel threat QBs.

The thing is, Wilson considers himself a QB that is a passer but can run when necessary. He takes offense to being called a dual threat. One thing fans should be excited about is Riley/Langsdorfs ability to adapt.

Oregon doesn't necessarily look for just dual threat guys. Their QB that they have right now (Lockie) isn't a dual threat. They need someone to distribute the ball at a high efficiency. QB runs are just a extra kudos.

Bingo.

They like passers that have speed/agility to extend plays and continue to look downfield, then use legs to make plays. Like the transfer QB Oregon just brought in from Eastern Washington, Vernon Adams...a broke Russell Wilson.

Except Vernon Adams isn't cleared yet. He hasn't graduated. Waiting on summer classes to finish. The best case scenario from what I'm hearing is that Oregon won't see Adams in practice till 1 week after fall camp starts.

However, they have 3-4 QB's on the roster that I would be comfortable with. Add in Adams. Yea, there no room for Wilson. All the QB's are super young. Except Lockie.

I do know that about Big Play VA, he transferred from my alma mater, I've followed his situation pretty closely. He has one year to play one year and has no effect on Terry.

My point is they like QBs that are mobile like Terry, but are pass first, scramble to look for the pass, then run. VA means nothing to Terry's situation, just one comparison in style and why Oregon is so interested in him. I'm upset he left EWU, he has more to lose than to gain. From close friends he isn't the best academic student - or close to it - where i wouldn't be surprised if he doesnt make it to Oregon. I don't know much, but this is one instance I am pretty knowledgable about.

• Mavric changed the title to JUCO QB Terry Wilson [Kentucky - Signed LOI]