JUCO QB Terry Wilson [Kentucky - Signed LOI]

Mavric

Here is something I don't understand with him and it' probably just because I've never heard him talk about it.

I was corrected in this thread when I said he was a dual threat QB. I was told he considers himself a passing QB that can run.

Well....then, what would he be confused about with how he fits into our offense? It's obvious that the passing game is going to be a very important part of the offense and Riley has said over and over and over again he is excited about having a QB that can take off and run if needed.

Meanwhile, he is going to visit a place (and quite possibly commit to) that is known for having dual threat QBs and running is a major part of what they want in a QB.

I was wondering the same thing. Is it being under center vs. shotgun? I interpreted his statement about us recruiting pro style qbs really meant recruiting another qb. Was he not told that we would not recruit another QB and then brought POB on board? Assuming he is competitive I wasn't concerned. Seth Green not panning out really changes things. If he is excited about Oregon then some of his statements are just excuses and may not make a lot of sense. Hopefully he waits to see Riley's offense before making a decision and the closeness to home and our staff swings things back our way.

Here is something I don't understand with him and it' probably just because I've never heard him talk about it.

I was corrected in this thread when I said he was a dual threat QB. I was told he considers himself a passing QB that can run.

Well....then, what would he be confused about with how he fits into our offense? It's obvious that the passing game is going to be a very important part of the offense and Riley has said over and over and over again he is excited about having a QB that can take off and run if needed.

Meanwhile, he is going to visit a place (and quite possibly commit to) that is known for having dual threat QBs and running is a major part of what they want in a QB.

I was wondering the same thing. Is it being under center vs. shotgun? I interpreted his statement about us recruiting pro style qbs really meant recruiting another qb. Was he not told that we would not recruit another QB and then brought POB on board? Assuming he is competitive I wasn't concerned. Seth Green not panning out really changes things. If he is excited about Oregon then some of his statements are just excuses and may not make a lot of sense. Hopefully he waits to see Riley's offense before making a decision and the closeness to home and our staff swings things back our way.

At this point, we'll just have to hope he doesn't drop his OV to Nebraska.

He no longer has a specific game scheduled to visit. I take that as evidence he is waning in his interest with Nebraska. Couple that with all his comments and excitement able Oregon and the recent fact that Oregon's other QB commit with not be a starter at his HS, Wilson is gone.

He has good potential, so it will be a bummer to not pick him up.

I am sure the excitement of Oregon wanting him is huge! Time will tell with how Riley operates the offense this year. The good news is that we have a pretty solid commit in POB. I know Oregon has the kid from MN/Texas as a commit as well...Wilson would be able to beat him out from what I saw the last two years of playing him here in MN.

Best of luck to him either way!

That kid didn't win the starting job at his high school in Texas so Oregon is looking for other options.

I thought I saw that, but I believe he did play in the first game.

I find it very comical he went there to begin with....he is not that impressive! Also, the kid that beat him out, is he a sophomore? I thought I read somewhere that Green was going to be a nice bridge between the kid from last year and this up and coming kid??

He no longer has a specific game scheduled to visit. I take that as evidence he is waning in his interest with Nebraska. Couple that with all his comments and excitement able Oregon and the recent fact that Oregon's other QB commit with not be a starter at his HS, Wilson is gone.

He has good potential, so it will be a bummer to not pick him up.

I would've really liked to see him and O'Brien compete because I think they're pretty close talent-wise, but it sounds like we're getting interest from more pro-style QBs (or at least QBs with a good arm) now, so maybe that won't be such a big deal.

• Mavric changed the title to JUCO QB Terry Wilson [Kentucky - Signed LOI]