JUCO QB Terry Wilson [Kentucky - Signed LOI]

Mavric

wasn't super impressed by his film or offer list but he seems like an athletic kid and can throw well while moving

Wilson is interesting, when compared to O'Brien. Wilson's film reminds me a lot of AJ Bush in HS, a runner QB that can make impressive passes (particularly on the move) just struggles with consistency. O'Brien is more polished, i.e., a more consistent passer and better at going through his progressions while reading the defense, and requires a spy on defense because he is mobile enough to hurt you if you don't respect his run game, similar to Brett Smith from Wyoming a few years ago.

Think this guy was our top QB on the board and we got him. He has very nice touch and great timing on his comebacks and intermediate throws. Think this kid has a ton of upside. Another great thing is that he is a 22.1 200 meter dash guy and you dont see him looking to run he is extending pass plays , but this guy could torch a defense with his legs.

Here is a film analysis of Wilson from a Texas Tech fan site. They seem to be impressed.

Also, notice that when he rolls out, his eyes remain down field. Wilson has meager rushing totals, which is actually a positive. Instead of looking to run as soon as the pocket is broken — like most young athletic quarterbacks do — Wilson looks to pass first

Another nice aspect of Wilson’s game is his polished footwork. For a great example, look at the play at the 3:14 mark. Wilson initially looks to the right but his first option is covered. Then, watch as his feet moves in complete unison with his head and shoulders as he looks down the middle of the field to draw the safety away from his target before turning back to the right and delivering the ball. This small, but important fundamental element ensures that Wilson has a wide base to throw from, no matter where he delivers the ball.

I believe Wilson was injured most of, if not all, of his So. year. In an interview earlier, he stated that he wants to be recognized as a passer first and that he would much rather pass the ball then run it.

This is a really good get for us.

• Fire 1

wasn't super impressed by his film or offer list but he seems like an athletic kid and can throw well while moving

Wilson is interesting, when compared to O'Brien. Wilson's film reminds me a lot of AJ Bush in HS, a runner QB that can make impressive passes (particularly on the move) just struggles with consistency. O'Brien is more polished, i.e., a more consistent passer and better at going through his progressions while reading the defense, and requires a spy on defense because he is mobile enough to hurt you if you don't respect his run game, similar to Brett Smith from Wyoming a few years ago.

I think he's been very interested since we offered. Perhaps he was planning to commit when he visited but now that he had to reschedule his visit, he didn't want to wait any longer. O'Brien's visit also may have played a part.

Here's my question for those of you that follow recruiting a lot closer than I do. This is honest and without agenda by any means.

How's our recruiting going? Is Riley approaching it with a 'big boy' mindset? Or is he still going after the little pond guys? Obviously diamonds in the rough exist, but from what I've seen none of the guys that are seriously on our radar seem to be overly hot commodities.

Here's my question for those of you that follow recruiting a lot closer than I do. This is honest and without agenda by any means.

How's our recruiting going? Is Riley approaching it with a 'big boy' mindset? Or is he still going after the little pond guys? Obviously diamonds in the rough exist, but from what I've seen none of the guys that are seriously on our radar seem to be overly hot commodities.

There is a little be of that discussion going on here.

With the caveat that it's still somewhat early, I have to say I am somewhat surprised at our offer list.

And this is nothing against Wilson but I'm surprised that this is the route the staff went.

There is a little be of that discussion going on here.

With the caveat that it's still somewhat early, I have to say I am somewhat surprised at our offer list.

And this is nothing against Wilson but I'm surprised that this is the route the staff went.

The way recruiting has become, even this class he is playing a little catchup.

Interesting - I hadn't noticed this on his stats. I'd seen the passing numbers - 2856 yards, 24 TDs, 10 INTs - but hadn't seen the rushing numbers - 194 yards, 4 TDs. For how much he's running around, I expected quite a few more rushing yards. Not saying that's bad, just surprising.

Also, ran a 4.8 40 at an Opening combine. Would have expected a little faster from watching the film. Perhaps he runs smoother than fast.

Interesting - I hadn't noticed this on his stats. I'd seen the passing numbers - 2856 yards, 24 TDs, 10 INTs - but hadn't seen the rushing numbers - 194 yards, 4 TDs. For how much he's running around, I expected quite a few more rushing yards. Not saying that's bad, just surprising.

Sounds more of a RW3 QB than RG3. Good, don't want a vegetable brain after all those unnecessary hits.

Also, ran a 4.8 40 at an Opening combine. Would have expected a little faster from watching the film. Perhaps he runs smoother than fast.

Ran a 4.77. Thought he would be 4.6 kid. To run a 22.1 200 M dash his top end must be ridiculous.

Terry Wilson QB 16 OK Del City 6-2.5 187 4.77 4.38 33 29.7 77.67

Ran a 4.77. Thought he would be 4.6 kid. To run a 22.1 200 M dash his top end must be ridiculous.

22.1 is fast but not incredible. And it could easily be several tenths slower if it's a hand-held time.

22.1 is fast but not incredible. And it could easily be several tenths slower if it's a hand-held time.

Or faster

• Mavric changed the title to JUCO QB Terry Wilson [Kentucky - Signed LOI]