JUCO QB Terry Wilson [Kentucky - Signed LOI]

Mavric

Or faster

Not likely

21.8 won the state championship in Missouri last year. 22.1 is pretty solid even if it is handheld a 22.18 would be a 22.44 FAT. Not world class but the kid is a state level sprinter that can throw a football.

My point is hand-held times can be inaccurate, more than just the conversion.

Or faster

Not likely

21.8 won the state championship in Missouri last year. 22.1 is pretty solid even if it is handheld a 22.18 would be a 22.44 FAT. Not world class but the kid is a state level sprinter that can throw a football.

My point is hand-held times can be inaccurate, more than just the conversion.

So track times are not a valid measure to determine whether a kid is fast?

He seems like a long strider, takes a little bit to get up to speed, but once he does, he can fly. Like Denard Robinson. His 40 time may be a little slow because he is a slow starter, but has a fast 200 time because he has more time to make up for a slow start.

• Fire 1

Interesting - I hadn't noticed this on his stats. I'd seen the passing numbers - 2856 yards, 24 TDs, 10 INTs - but hadn't seen the rushing numbers - 194 yards, 4 TDs. For how much he's running around, I expected quite a few more rushing yards. Not saying that's bad, just surprising.

Also, ran a 4.8 40 at an Opening combine. Would have expected a little faster from watching the film. Perhaps he runs smoother than fast.

From his film breakdown (as noted above), he extends the play with his feet but still looks for the pass. This could explain how he could be a runner threat but have low rushing stats.

Interesting - I hadn't noticed this on his stats. I'd seen the passing numbers - 2856 yards, 24 TDs, 10 INTs - but hadn't seen the rushing numbers - 194 yards, 4 TDs. For how much he's running around, I expected quite a few more rushing yards. Not saying that's bad, just surprising.

Also, ran a 4.8 40 at an Opening combine. Would have expected a little faster from watching the film. Perhaps he runs smoother than fast.

From his film breakdown (as noted above), he extends the play with his feet but still looks for the pass. This could explain how he could be a runner threat but have low rushing stats.

Agree with that being a good thing. But that's only about 15 rushing yards per game. I would think with all that running around he'd take off and have more than that on one or two carries. Again, not a bad thing, just surprising.

• Mavric changed the title to JUCO QB Terry Wilson [Kentucky - Signed LOI]