Stadium food doubling as projectiles: A two-part post

I've caught a hot dog fired out of Der Veiner Schlinger, Nebraska's ode to meat in tube form fired at high velocity. I even got a chance to fire Der Veiner Schlinger once, many years ago. It's a lot like you'd think shooting an otherwise unflightworthy object out of an oversized air rifle would be - bit of a whump! and no kick. It's as satisfying as shooting a bow & arrow.

I ate the hot dog I caught. You have to - it's a free hot dog and men are bound by the laws of the universe to eat any free hot dog they're given. It was pretty badly mushed, it had clearly been sitting around for a while, and it was cold. This isn't the hot dog you're getting at the concession stand, after all. And they don't launch mustard & relish with the dog.

Anyone else ever caught a Schlinger-slung hot dog?

That brings us to the second part of this food-as-projectile post: UNO has announced a partnership with Voodoo Taco.

Taking tacos to the face is old news to some of us. But that's probably a Woodshed conversation. Here's my question: My hot dog was none the better for its trip through the air cannon, and that's a tube of meat crammed between two soft buns. How do they think a taco will fare launched through the air at high velocity, a hard shell wrapped in thin paper inside a thin plastic bag? If my hot dog was smooshed, this taco will be positively shattered. And I think we all know how disappointing a shattered taco can be.

Air-launched tacos. Good idea? Bad idea?

• Fire 2

I was in the upper balcony of East stadium against Ball State in 2007. I was leaning over/had my head turned talking to my mom in between plays, only to turn, look, and see a veiner schlinger hot dog heading straight for my face. Thank god for the quick-reflexed man in front of me who snatched it out of the air less than two feet from my face.

I've caught a hot dog fired out of Der Veiner Schlinger, Nebraska's ode to meat in tube form fired at high velocity. I even got a chance to fire Der Veiner Schlinger once, many years ago. It's a lot like you'd think shooting an otherwise unflightworthy object out of an oversized air rifle would be - bit of a whump! and no kick. It's as satisfying as shooting a bow & arrow.

I ate the hot dog I caught. You have to - it's a free hot dog and men are bound by the laws of the universe to eat any free hot dog they're given. It was pretty badly mushed, it had clearly been sitting around for a while, and it was cold. This isn't the hot dog you're getting at the concession stand, after all. And they don't launch mustard & relish with the dog.

That brings us to the second part of this food-as-projectile post: UNO has announced a partnership with Voodoo Taco.

Taking tacos to the face is old news to some of us. But that's probably a Woodshed conversation. Here's my question: My hot dog was none the better for its trip through the air cannon, and that's a tube of meat crammed between two soft buns. How do they think a taco will fare launched through the air at high velocity, a hard shell wrapped in thin paper inside a thin plastic bag? If my hot dog was smooshed, this taco will be positively shattered. And I think we all know how disappointing a shattered taco can be.

Sweet Jesus. Well done! :LOLtartar

I caught one at a Lincoln Stars game a few years ago. The thing curved and swerved like it was thrown by a MLB pitcher. The Stars must have more money than UNL as it came with ketchup and relish packets lol.

This is more of an outdoor activity since it's firing projectiles. However a lot funnier in the ice box. I've seen many hotdogs explode on the back wall over peoples heads.

Depending on the taco, getting it to the face wouldn't be too bad :leghump:

How are the Vodoo Taco's? Never had one?

(Now we wait for this to make it into the OOCQ thread)

Delicious!!! They're kinda highfalutin like Chipoltle or Oso, or any of those other hipper joints, but it's real good. Really wished they had a place in Lincoln, but the closest is the outlet mall in Gretna.