Signed - LB Pernell Jefferson

Mavric

ASU just offering whoever we offer or what?

makes you wonder just how much of this type of stuff goes on, on staff watching anothers recruit offers and not doing a lot of their own leg work.

Think our last staff tried that a little, but had no idea how to close on those offers.

I would say the other programs would use the old staff as a scouting service more than they would use other programs.
This. Pelini and his staff were very good at identifying talent early and often prospects offer sheet soon blew up a couple months after NU offered.

....but they couldn't close.

Two of our three highest-rated prospects for the 2016 class committed to the previous staff.

• Fire 2

ASU just offering whoever we offer or what?

makes you wonder just how much of this type of stuff goes on, on staff watching anothers recruit offers and not doing a lot of their own leg work.

Think our last staff tried that a little, but had no idea how to close on those offers.

I would say the other programs would use the old staff as a scouting service more than they would use other programs.
This. Pelini and his staff were very good at identifying talent early and often prospects offer sheet soon blew up a couple months after NU offered.
....but they couldn't close.

Two of our three highest-rated prospects for the 2016 class committed to the previous staff.

Brokop was a good pull. Raridon said he knew there was a decent chance the staff wouldn't be here when he was and he was committing to the university. Raridon was a lock.
  • 3 weeks later...

From Husker Journal:

PERNELL JEFFERSON, LB, 6-2, 235, NEW ORLEANS (WARREN EASTON SENIOR), LA

Pernell has about 15 offers. Nebraska, Arizona State, Miami, Mississippi St, Missouri, Oklahoma, TCU, and Texas Tech are among the top schools.

Husker’s up first.

“I’m visiting Nebraska September 26. I like the tradition and environment. They are welcoming and it’s the only football school up there. And it’s a perfect fit for myself.” Jefferson said

Bray’s the man.

“We (Coach Trent Bray) talk about how the other commits to Nebraska how they finally realize it would be a great thing. He said I’m physical, get off blocks, I have a knack getting to the quarterback.” Jefferson said

“Coach Bray said I’m high on his board, I’m one of his top recruits.”

Sooners.

“I took a junior day to Oklahoma.” Jefferson said. “I liked it, it went really well. The coaches are nice and they want to win. My coach (OU assistant Tim Kish), he reaches out to Michael Divinity. He said he can help both and me.”

“Their (OU) indoor facility is right next to the stadium. You don’t have to go far, everything is right there.” Jefferson said

OU hoops.

“We went to a game (basketball vs Kansas). They were welcoming; all the kids were even talking to me. Everything was OU. It was a really good environment there.” Jefferson said

“I want to go where I can compete for my position and then I can compete against other teams that can fit me. Family atmosphere.”

cornhead.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Trying to figure this one out. Apparently Bray has been keeping up with him.

Neither Rivals nor 247 show he has taken any visits yet - not even to Oklahoma. Usually the only reason for that is academics - you can't take visits until you can show you're on track to qualify. Wonder if OU moved on but he's finally got the academic issues resolved.