ESPN's Adam Schefter: (A) personal handler who would follow Gregory at all times (is needed)

Being on mobile I can't copy and paste. But go check out what Adam schefter put on Facebook about Gregory. Personal handler, body guard 24/7

Here's what Schefter posted:

Randy Gregory's representatives made it clear that, whichever team drafts him, needs to have a support system in place that would be expected to include a security person and a personal handler who would follow Gregory at all times. To Gregory and his representatives, it didn't matter where in the draft he went, but where in the NFL he went. He was adamant that it would be with a team that would support him. Dallas has been through similar experiences in the past, providing helpers to wide receiver Dez Bryant after he was drafted. And there are expected to be Gregory Rules and followers in Dallas as well.

LINK

Not pretending to validate that in any way. Just helping Bigred_inSD out.

I think this proves Gregory is a lot smarter guy than people give him credit for. I'm sure he obviously knew he was throwing away any chances at a top 10 or even 1st round pick by being so honest, forthcoming, and asking for what he did. But there's more to life than just football, and it'll be good to know he has a support staff around him put in place to not only help him deal with the football side of life so he doesn't become a bust, but also his off the field life so he can deal with whatever issues he has be it anxiety, depression, or some completely different issue we haven't heard about.

Asking for help can be a hard thing to do for an athlete of his caliber. Hopefully it helps him to become the player and man he is fully capable of being.

• Fire 2

I think this proves Gregory is a lot smarter guy than people give him credit for. I'm sure he obviously knew he was throwing away any chances at a top 10 or even 1st round pick by being so honest, forthcoming, and asking for what he did. But there's more to life than just football, and it'll be good to know he has a support staff around him put in place to not only help him deal with the football side of life so he doesn't become a bust, but also his off the field life so he can deal with whatever issues he has be it anxiety, depression, or some completely different issue we haven't heard about.

Asking for help can be a hard thing to do for an athlete of his caliber. Hopefully it helps him to become the player and man he is fully capable of being.

To play Devil's advocate...

It could also be just an attempt by Randy and his agent to prop up his draft value by forming an unusual framework within which he could be successful that failed spectacularly this him falling to the bottom of the 2nd round.

Regardless, this type of setup is probably what's best for RG long term, so I'm all for it.

Thanks knapp for posting it,

Also wasn't Gregory a military kid? Perhaps existing mental issues combined with all the moving in the military life gave him a feeling a even more loneliness and no one he could reach out to.

I hope he gets his life straight and shows his talents for years.

All I have to say is I respect Gregory for his honest. He apparently told them the truth (or what he perceives it to be) knowing that it will cost him. By doing this, he is setting up an environment in which (as least as far as he is concerned) will allow him to flourish on and off the field. Essentially, he is trying to becoming the best player he can, even if it cost him. Their is something respectable in that.

• Fire 2

I wish him the best, but did it have to be the Cowboys. :angry:

GBR!!!

As a 49er fan I feel the same way. His issue is/was that he isn't just hooked on weed, it is also cocaine. Funny how this just comes out after he leaves, they did a great job of covering it up during his time at NU.