ESPN's Adam Schefter: (A) personal handler who would follow Gregory at all times (is needed)

I didn't get their vague "off the field issues" that they kept saying.

After watching all of these other guys with "off the field issues" like domestic violence, multiple arrests and citations, and being kicked off of teams, it's more troubling that teams are willing to take those guys than a guy with what is perceived as "mental health issues". I mean, I have family members with mental health issues, as I'm sure everyone does. It'd be one thing if he were listening to unicorns talking in his head, telling him to burn down the tree he sees in front of him. If that's the case, then that's a big red flag. But don't you think, us as Nebraska fans would know a bit about that? I mean, am I so naive not to know some mental health issues while he was here? Everyone has issues with Anxiety at some point. But he never seemed to deal with it in a way that could possibly hurt anyone else. Right? Please correct me if I am incorrect.

I don't know. Personally, it's troubling more that teams took these woman beaters, alleged rapists, thieves, and kicked-off-team individuals over someone who may or may not have legitimate mental health issues. The NFL and its teams has more issues than Gregory. That's my personal take. Maybe Gregory did all those things though?

Hope he's productive. Honestly, he's in a better position going a bit later. Playing with the Cowboys? He could have been stuck playing for a team like the Browns, Jaguars, or Bucs (no offense to any fans of those teams...).

• Fire 1

I wish him the best, but did it have to be the Cowboys. :angry:

GBR!!!

As a 49er fan I feel the same way. His issue is/was that he isn't just hooked on weed, it is also cocaine. Funny how this just comes out after he leaves, they did a great job of covering it up during his time at NU.

Wait, what?

I think this proves Gregory is a lot smarter guy than people give him credit for. I'm sure he obviously knew he was throwing away any chances at a top 10 or even 1st round pick by being so honest, forthcoming, and asking for what he did. But there's more to life than just football, and it'll be good to know he has a support staff around him put in place to not only help him deal with the football side of life so he doesn't become a bust, but also his off the field life so he can deal with whatever issues he has be it anxiety, depression, or some completely different issue we haven't heard about.

Asking for help can be a hard thing to do for an athlete of his caliber. Hopefully it helps him to become the player and man he is fully capable of being.

I'd put my money on just the opposite.

GBR!!!

As a 49er fan I feel the same way. His issue is/was that he isn't just hooked on weed, it is also cocaine. Funny how this just comes out after he leaves, they did a great job of covering it up during his time at NU.

That's a fairly large grenade to toss out there...

Personally, it's troubling more that teams took these woman beaters, alleged rapists, thieves, and kicked-off-team individuals over someone who may or may not have legitimate mental health issues.

Exactly. (my only caveat is that I don't know what the situation truly is.)

GBR!!!

I hadn't heard that part of it [cocaine]. Hope that's just a rumor .....

GBR!!!

What the hell did Gregory do off the field? They just said his agent requested that whatever team drafts him provide him with handlers and support staff. Weed is the least of his or the team that drafts him worries. I wish him the best he has all the talent in the world.

It is weed. And a lot of it. The dude has a major Weed problem and he told NFL teams that he had a hard time functioning with weed.

That is why he fell

One thing I've heard from a lot of different people is that his grades were fudged or manipulated pretty heavily at Nebraska. To what capacity and end I don't know. But, it sounds like he was not a very good student and some grade fudging was prevalent. And I've heard this from people who are decently connected.

I've also heard from two different, unrelated people, that he may have used drugs that go beyond marijuana.

One thing I've heard from a lot of different people is that his grades were fudged or manipulated pretty heavily at Nebraska. To what capacity and end I don't know. But, it sounds like he was not a very good student and some grade fudging was prevalent. And I've heard this from people who are decently connected.

I've also heard from two different, unrelated people, that he may have used drugs that go beyond marijuana.

Your last sentence goes along with what AF said earlier. If any of it is true, what a shame.

GBR!!!

I hadn't heard that part of it [cocaine]. Hope that's just a rumor .....

GBR!!!

Unfortunatly it is true. He was sent to rehab twice on the school's dime to try to help him kick the habbit of both drugs but to no avail. He also likes to disappear for days at a time. He was gone for three days during bowl week in SD and then skipped out on three meetings with team reps that were sent to interview him for the draft. Which is why Dallas with thier history of hiding stuff like this is one of the worst places for this kid to end up. Not to mention that the Cowpukes suck monkey balls.

• Fire 1

What the hell did Gregory do off the field? They just said his agent requested that whatever team drafts him provide him with handlers and support staff. Weed is the least of his or the team that drafts him worries. I wish him the best he has all the talent in the world.

It is weed. And a lot of it. The dude has a major Weed problem and he told NFL teams that he had a hard time functioning with weed.

That is why he fell

seems a bit much for a guy that's just a stoner.

Let's not overlook the 3 missed meeting, showing up 2 hrs late for another. The combine like a job interview, show up high, you're not getting the job. What RG did showed a complete lack of maturity.

If you can't show up to the combine with your sh#t together, then you have issues.

You know, throughout the history of the NFL and the draft there has been multiple young men who probably needed some extra help dealing with life after college. You're talking about college kids going to millionaires' in many cases in a five month span. Thats a hell of a lot of change and a huge increase in responsibility all in a short amount of time. As if the money isn't enough to corrupt many, if they've already got a love affair with mary jane, there are probably a lot more temptations involved. I've got nothing against marijuana, but you've got to admit, you get that first paycheck and the next time you get the munchies, you might just go ahead and buy the whole damn Taco Bell, not just order a meal.

Good for Gregory to get the extra help to handle the new lifestyle, and good for the Cowboys to be so willing to help. I think theres a lot of teams that do this and it's a good thing.