ESPN's Adam Schefter: (A) personal handler who would follow Gregory at all times (is needed)

Throw out all the other rumors. If it's true that he disappeared for three days during Bowl Week, that's the only red flag you need. This is a guy who will do something dangerous to himself and disruptive to the team. You can feel sorry for him and want to help him, but the risk/reward ratio just tilted wildly from mere recreational marijuana.

Unfortunatly it is true. He was sent to rehab twice on the school's dime to try to help him kick the habbit of both drugs but to no avail. He also likes to disappear for days at a time. He was gone for three days during bowl week in SD and then skipped out on three meetings with team reps that were sent to interview him for the draft. Which is why Dallas with thier history of hiding stuff like this is one of the worst places for this kid to end up. Not to mention that the Cowpukes suck monkey balls.

One thing I've heard from a lot of different people is that his grades were fudged or manipulated pretty heavily at Nebraska. To what capacity and end I don't know. But, it sounds like he was not a very good student and some grade fudging was prevalent. And I've heard this from people who are decently connected.

I've also heard from two different, unrelated people, that he may have used drugs that go beyond marijuana.

I don't know about the rehab, coke, or grade fudging. To me at least, Bo seemed big on schoolwork and came across as a tough disciplinarian (unless I am forgetting instances). I just can't see him leaving Randy on the team if both of those things were going on. Could he have? Sure, but it doesn't fit his personality.

Unfortunatly it is true. He was sent to rehab twice on the school's dime to try to help him kick the habbit of both drugs but to no avail. He also likes to disappear for days at a time. He was gone for three days during bowl week in SD and then skipped out on three meetings with team reps that were sent to interview him for the draft. Which is why Dallas with thier history of hiding stuff like this is one of the worst places for this kid to end up. Not to mention that the Cowpukes suck monkey balls.

One thing I've heard from a lot of different people is that his grades were fudged or manipulated pretty heavily at Nebraska. To what capacity and end I don't know. But, it sounds like he was not a very good student and some grade fudging was prevalent. And I've heard this from people who are decently connected.

I've also heard from two different, unrelated people, that he may have used drugs that go beyond marijuana.

I don't know about the rehab, coke, or grade fudging. To me at least, Bo seemed big on schoolwork and came across as a tough disciplinarian (unless I am forgetting instances). I just can't see him leaving Randy on the team if both of those things were going on. Could he have? Sure, but it doesn't fit his personality.

Lets be honest almost all of the athletes get "Grade Help". I played college hockey & I got "Help" with papers I had to write & tests I had to take. We were able to take test with a student teacher or a team tutor who would basically give you the answer or write a paper for you. This happens everywhere with just about every sport in the NCAA. I work with a kid who played at VT & we always joke about the "Tutor Help" that we were given.

As for the rehab & cocaine. That is the first I have heard of it, but I did hear from someone on campus that he was selling weed along with smoking it. I wonder if the guy he was getting the drugs from is the reason he now wants 24hr protection?

Lets be honest almost all of the athletes get "Grade Help". I played college hockey & I got "Help" with papers I had to write & tests I had to take. We were able to take test with a student teacher or a team tutor who would basically give you the answer or write a paper for you. This happens everywhere with just about every sport in the NCAA. I work with a kid who played at VT & we always joke about the "Tutor Help" that we were given.

As a former tutor of student-athletes at UNL, I call bullsh#t on this. Of course, anyone who wants to cheat badly enough can find a way. But to say it's systematic and the University is helping it happen, no. Just no. There are extremely strict rules in place to make sure there aren't NCAA violations, and tutors who break them can get kicked out of school if they're currently attending. Everyone I tutored did all of their quizzes/exams completely on their own and if they had help with assignments/papers it wasn't from the university. It was just from whoever they happened to find who would help them cheat who was not affiliated with the university. If this really happened with Gregory (that he was helped by the school) he was an extremely rare exception and I have trouble believing it.

• Fire 4

As a former tutor of student-athletes at UNL, I call bullsh#t on this. Of course, anyone who wants to cheat badly enough can find a way. But to say it's systematic and the University is helping it happen, no. Just no. There are extremely strict rules in place to make sure there aren't NCAA violations, and tutors who break them can get kicked out of school if they're currently attending. Everyone I tutored did all of their quizzes/exams completely on their own and if they had help with assignments/papers it wasn't from the university. It was just from whoever they happened to find who would help them cheat who was not affiliated with the university. If this really happened with Gregory (that he was helped by the school) he was an extremely rare exception and I have trouble believing it.

My wife was also a tutor and would agree.

• Fire 1

I wish him the best, but did it have to be the Cowboys. :angry:

GBR!!!

As a 49er fan I feel the same way. His issue is/was that he isn't just hooked on weed, it is also cocaine. Funny how this just comes out after he leaves, they did a great job of covering it up during his time at NU.

As a 49er fan, I'm hoping this is an Aldon Smith situation: a kid with serious problems and serious talent who genuinely wants to get better, is willing to work at it, and accepts the mentorship and support the team is willing to put behind him.

Funny, because Randy Gregory reminded me a lot of Aldon Smith before the off-the-field stuff took over.

It does happen and it has happened. To believe it doesn't is somewhat ignorant.

It was a big reason why some Prop 48 kids became Academic All-Americans in the late 80's and early 90's before they introduced Prop 16.

My wife was also a tutor and would agree.

Thanks for spoiling all of the fun some were having throwing out wildly speculative rumors regarding cocaine, rehab, tutoring, dealing, etc.

It's safe to say that in any 5-10 year period of Husker history that one or several guys have gotten illicit academic assistance, and that's based solely on the number of kids we have going through the program at any given time.

I'll say I'm on board with the accusations that it happens. I'll also say with a reasonable degree of certitude that it's a rarity at Nebraska, and that we'd be on the bottom end of instances at peer schools.

This likely happens at every single D1A college program, but it's also likely a very tiny percentage at each program (unless your mascot is a tarheel).

• Fire 1

It's safe to say that in any 5-10 year period of Husker history that one or several guys have gotten illicit academic assistance, and that's based solely on the number of kids we have going through the program at any given time.

I'll say I'm on board with the accusations that it happens. I'll also say with a reasonable degree of certitude that it's a rarity at Nebraska, and that we'd be on the bottom end of instances at peer schools.

This likely happens at every single D1A college program, but it's also likely a very tiny percentage at each program (unless your mascot is a tarheel).

Notre Dame got busted for it last year also.

Notre Dame got busted for it last year also.

And my hunch is, they're as unlikely to do it as Nebraska. So even unlikely teams can get pinched for this, meaning anyone on staff who organizes such things would be a colossal idiot.

It does happen and it has happened. To believe it doesn't is somewhat ignorant.

It was a big reason why some Prop 48 kids became Academic All-Americans in the late 80's and early 90's before they introduced Prop 16.

I never stated it was help from the University, but to say tutors/student teachers didn't do most of the work when test were given out or papers needed to be written is just hilarious. Grades were never changed or asked to be changed, but help was always given during exams or when papers needed to be written. It happens everywhere on different levels.

I also have a cousin who is a student teacher at NU. He also agrees that the players there get special treatment & a little added help to make sure they pass as long as they show up for class & act like they are trying.

To be clear I am not saying this happens with every player or athlete across the nation, but I would be willing to bet that almost half of the football, basketball, baseball & hockey athletes get help to some degree. Again, I am not saying the University is involved.