Signed - DE Ben Stille

Lol at some of these responses. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we got the kid but y'all are acting like we signed some 5 star, top 100 recruit. Just find it funny were acting like this in one recruits board, yet writing others off after they signed. With that being said, welcome Ben.

Lol at some of these responses. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we got the kid but y'all are acting like we signed some 5 star, top 100 recruit. Just find it funny were acting like this in one recruits board, yet writing others off after they signed. With that being said, welcome Ben.

These are the kids you keep in Nebraska

He played both sides of the ball and kicked, and dominated at everything he did. At de, it appear from the highlights (lots of them) that no one can stop him. At te, he blocks like a beast, adjusts well to the ball and has great hands. And his kicks look good. Nice pick up.

Real diamond in the rough.

I'm sure the kid is awesome. I bet he'll be a great contributor. But I was an OL in C-1 a mere 4 years ago and played Ashland-Greenwood (never played Ben unless I guess he could have been a freshman my senior year..?). I was an OL at 6'1 200lbs and not incredibly athletic. Don't be judging his performance against that competition. It makes me laugh, a lot.

He played both sides of the ball and kicked, and dominated at everything he did. At de, it appear from the highlights (lots of them) that no one can stop him. At te, he blocks like a beast, adjusts well to the ball and has great hands. And his kicks look good. Nice pick up.

I'm sure the kid is awesome. I bet he'll be a great contributor. But I was an OL in C-1 a mere 4 years ago and played Ashland-Greenwood (never played Ben unless I guess he could have been a freshman my senior year..?). I was an OL at 6'1 200lbs and not incredibly athletic. Don't be judging his performance against that competition. It makes me laugh, a lot.

No, he just finished his Jr. year. However, thanks for the insight.

Point taken. I am not as familiar with the completion he faced as you.

It often is an adjustment for Nebraska grown kids once they get to D1. He'll have to work hard and get stronger. Look at what the Ott kid from Giltner is doing at Iowa after he was judged as not good enough by our coaches.

Stille is a different level of athlete than Ott, and a better player at the HS level. One thing that Ott has/had over Stille though, is an incredible level of strength and a great frame that really compliments his type of game. Stille is much more explosive, and I'll be interested to see how gaining 30-40 lbs will affect his game.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...