JUCO LB Victor Viramontes [UNLV - Signed LOI]

• 5 months later...
  • Mavric changed the title to JUCO LB Victor Viramontes
1 hour ago, Red Five said:

4 schools in 3 years. I get the wanting to be a QB thing, but do you think he could last a year here if he isn’t a starter? 

Offered as a OLB and he is open to giving up QB at this point in his career. Chinander heading this one up and must like his defensive potential after playing qb for 3 years.. I’d imagine he’ll enjoy delivering hits vs receiving them

2 hours ago, Minnesota_husker said:

ZERO interest. He left Minnesota because he was homesick and was mad he had to compete for the job.

I hate to bash a kid, so lets just say the above has been widely discussed on Minnesota stations. 

I just think he should stay close to family and his bubble. 

Or was he mad that he was a JUCO transfer who ended up 3rd string behind two freshmen and would have little to no chance of playing during the duration of his career. Similar to practically every QB transfer in the nation including those that transferred from NU. One of which who we will be facing this saturday. 

2 hours ago, Minnesota_husker said:

ZERO interest. He left Minnesota because he was homesick and was mad he had to compete for the job.

I hate to bash a kid, so lets just say the above has been widely discussed on Minnesota stations. 

I just think he should stay close to family and his bubble. 

Plus I think St. Paul said Riley may have recruited him. Which means he wont pan out if Riley wanted him.

4 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Or was he mad that he was a JUCO transfer who ended up 3rd string behind two freshmen and would have little to no chance of playing during the duration of his career. Similar to practically every QB transfer in the nation including those that transferred from NU. One of which who we will be facing this saturday. 

He was HORRIBLE for them in practice. Like, every report I heard was he looked like a linebacker trying to play QB.

Part of that was blamed on him being homesick and not wanting to be there. That wont get any better in Lincoln compared to Minneapolis.

2 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

He was HORRIBLE for them in practice. Like, every report I heard was he looked like a linebacker trying to play QB.

Part of that was blamed on him being homesick and not wanting to be there. That wont get any better in Lincoln compared to Minneapolis.

For us he would look like a LB trying to play LB so that is a positive. Also I would want to go home if I had to listen to PJ Fleck everyday of the week. 

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1
  • Mavric changed the title to JUCO LB Victor Viramontes [UNLV - Signed LOI]