JUCO LB Victor Viramontes

Player: Victor Viramontes
Hometown: Norco, California
School: Norco
Position: Quarterback, Linebacker
Height: 6-1
Weight: 205
40 time:
Offers: Nebraska, Nevada, San Diego State, San Jose State, UNLV, Washington State, Wisconsin
Visits:

Twitter

Rivals: #19 DTQB; :star:star:star
247:
Scout: #36 ATH; :star:star:star
ESPN:

Hudl

Wants to play QB but is going to see what offers he has.

Started at Safety as a freshman.

Do you know which offers are currently after him as a QB? I'd like to believe he would rather play LB at Nebraska over QB at San Jose St, SDSU or UNLV.

I'm assuming Wisconsin and Washington State are after him as a LB, but don't know.

Visiting Nebraska and Wisconsin this June. Link

Victor on Nebraska

“I love how every game is a packed house and sold out,” he said. “Everyone is a die-hard fan there!”

Victor on Wisconsin

“I love how they are straight forward,” Viramontes said. “They show a lot of love! They are honest.”

Says he wants to play QB in college but Nevada is currently the only school recruiting him solely as a QB.

Of course, that could change now.

Maybe bring him in and see how he works. Hard to imagine it because there would be 5 scholarship QBs(at least)including him on the roster. I know they are in need of Linebackers.

Just committed to Row The Boat.

Left Cal to go to a Juco and now will probably be starting for Minnesota this next season as Croft just left.

• Plus1 1

Quite the career path.

California (2016, redshirt) -> Riverside College (2017, QB) -> Minnesota (Spring 2018, QB) -> Riverside College (2018, LB)

4 schools in 3 years. I get the wanting to be a QB thing, but do you think he could last a year here if he isn’t a starter? 

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

4 schools in 3 years. I get the wanting to be a QB thing, but do you think he could last a year here if he isn’t a starter? 

Offered as a OLB and he is open to giving up QB at this point in his career. Chinander heading this one up and must like his defensive potential after playing qb for 3 years.. I’d imagine he’ll enjoy delivering hits vs receiving them

4 minutes ago, TonyStalloni said:

The kid must have picked up the LB position pretty quickly to get our offer.

He always played both.  A lot of schools were recruiting him as an LB out of high school but he wanted to play QB.  I believe he finally switched to LB this fall.

ZERO interest. He left Minnesota because he was homesick and was mad he had to compete for the job.

I hate to bash a kid, so lets just say the above has been widely discussed on Minnesota stations. 

I just think he should stay close to family and his bubble. 

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Minnesota_husker said:

ZERO interest. He left Minnesota because he was homesick and was mad he had to compete for the job.

I hate to bash a kid, so lets just say the above has been widely discussed on Minnesota stations. 

Or was he mad that he was a JUCO transfer who ended up 3rd string behind two freshmen and would have little to no chance of playing during the duration of his career. Similar to practically every QB transfer in the nation including those that transferred from NU. One of which who we will be facing this saturday. 

2 hours ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Plus I think St. Paul said Riley may have recruited him. Which means he wont pan out if Riley wanted him.

4 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Or was he mad that he was a JUCO transfer who ended up 3rd string behind two freshmen and would have little to no chance of playing during the duration of his career. Similar to practically every QB transfer in the nation including those that transferred from NU. One of which who we will be facing this saturday. 

He was HORRIBLE for them in practice. Like, every report I heard was he looked like a linebacker trying to play QB.

Part of that was blamed on him being homesick and not wanting to be there. That wont get any better in Lincoln compared to Minneapolis.

2 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

He was HORRIBLE for them in practice. Like, every report I heard was he looked like a linebacker trying to play QB.

Part of that was blamed on him being homesick and not wanting to be there. That wont get any better in Lincoln compared to Minneapolis.

For us he would look like a LB trying to play LB so that is a positive. Also I would want to go home if I had to listen to PJ Fleck everyday of the week. 

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Well at this point in his collegiate career, he's got to go where he's going to play RIGHT AWAY as a LB.  I think we have some spots opening this next year and since we play 2-3 deep in LB's, he'll play if he comes in.

He's got to see that favorably...his time is running out.

4 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

For us he would look like a LB trying to play LB so that is a positive. Also I would want to go home if I had to listen to PJ Fleck everyday of the week. 

PJ Fleck is all about accountability and doing your job. He approaches things a bit more gimmicky than Frost but they both have similar philosophies. 

I cant stand Fleck but he talks a lot about being successful in every facet. If you arent buying into Flecks system, you might struggle buying into Frosts system. 

If he wants to go somewhere and screw around, I bet Oregon State would take him.

Let me make very clear I dont think Fleck is even close to the coach Frost is and Fleck is a walking sound byte but he does preach accountability. 

1 minute ago, Minnesota_husker said:

PJ Fleck is all about accountability and doing your job. He approaches things a bit more gimmicky than Frost but they both have similar philosophies. 

I cant stand Fleck but he talks a lot about being successful in every facet. If you arent buying into Flecks system, you might struggle buying into Frosts system. 

If he wants to go somewhere and screw around, I bet Oregon State would take him.

Let me make very clear I dont think Fleck is even close to the coach Frost is and Fleck is a walking sound byte but he does preach accountability. 

he may preach a lot but I think that is the majority of what Fleck does. He seems fake as hell and I was worn out after the first time I heard him speak. He is about a 1/4 the football mind of Frost based on watching them go head to head. 

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

he may preach a lot but I think that is the majority of what Fleck does. He seems fake as hell and I was worn out after the first time I heard him speak. He is about a 1/4 the football mind of Frost based on watching them go head to head. 

Imagine living in Minnesota. 

Everyone I have talked to that knows anything about the organization said the team last year hated on him. He has got more buy in this year and Fleck is actually a decent dude. He is the same guy with cameras on as he is when they are off.

I find it to be too gimmicky and tiring but if he can get some buy in you just never know.

I agree Frost is ten times the coach that Fleck is but again(sorry to be a broken record) they both stand for the same things from their players, they just go about it a different way.

Interesting, before 1960, Minnesota was a football power. Since then, they have never been the same. Until Frost came along, I had been concerned the Corn was continuing to go that direction. I feel very good we will be back unlike Minnesota.